Again a what should I buy tread about consoles.

Ipad or PS3

• Ipad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Specify something else

• Total voters

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well yeah I am discussing with my parents; if I get my diploma end this school-year, will you get me a present?

Parents: depends on what it is!

me: Well a iPad(for school and games
ohmy.gif
) or a Plastation 3 with Final Fantasy XIII and Street Fighter IV.

Dad: Okay, we will think about it.(in the worst case I need to pay a part of it. But no worries)

biggrin.gif
but what should I take? PS3 or iPad.

No 3DS or NGP(3ds is pre-ordered and paid!) (NGP, I first wanna see if it succeeds!) I own a iPod touch 64GB(just that you know) and a DSI XL, a Wii and some crap more. I sold my 360!
biggrin.gif
I hate Microsoft...(nothing against some products)

They are sure about it if I get my diploma for the ''MAVO'' Dunno what it is in English. But its Dutch.

Ps, I chose for specify!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PS3 all the way.
DO NOT GET AN iPAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, THERE IS NO USE FOR IT, especially since you already have a kick-ass iPod Touch. You won't do any work on the iPad, be honest and think about it
rolleyes.gif

Also, it's I sold my 360, not selled.

And it's Specify (in the poll choice), not specefy.

No worries mate, no shame in typing mistakes in another language.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
DO NOT GET AN iPAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, THERE IS NO USE FOR IT, especially since you already have a kick-ass iPod Touch. You won't do any work on the iPad, be honest and think about it
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
I know its not a shame, my English teacher says the same.

@Juanmatron: ...

I thought iPod Touch was not a gaming console, but it is!
ohmy.gif
The same goes for iPad for my feelings. Because you have REAL games like Street Fighter and Eternal Legacy* on it!

*Final Fantasy clone

And peeps; can you call some other great games for the PS3?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Lightning said:
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif
The same goes for iPad for my feelings. Because you have REAL games like Street Fighter and Eternal Legacy* on it!

*Final Fantasy clone

It also HAS real Final Fantasy games like Final Fantasy I and II. The War of the Lions will follow soon.
It also has Chaos Rings and a Secret of Mana remake.
Man, I wish I had an iOS device. ;_;

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lightning said:
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

*Final Fantasy clone

This sums up some great games for the PS3

No really, don't buy the iPad, it tries to do a lot of things but it ends up doing everything quite bad. The PS3 is a real gaming platform, the iPad definitely not and it will turn out too expensive and you'll hardly play it.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goli said:
Lightning said:
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

*Final Fantasy clone

It also HAS real Final Fantasy games like Final Fantasy I and II. The War of the Lions will follow soon.

oops forgotten the FF games, I have to much apps on my iPod xD didn´t saw them...

C´mon don´t lose the hope! Soon enough you will have enough money for it!(an iPod or whatever.)
biggrin.gif
#cheersup

@Satangel: is GTA the best game?!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lightning said:
Goli said:
Lightning said:
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

*Final Fantasy clone

oops forgotten the FF games, I have to much apps on my iPod xD didn´t saw them...

C´mon don´t lose the hope! Soon enough you will have enough money for it!(an iPod or whatever.)
biggrin.gif
#cheersup

It's not the best, keep in mind that games like GTA, Super Mario, CoD and Zelda usually are hyped a lot and therefore good reviews with honest scores are rare. Red Dead Redemption should satisfy the buy, it's from the same makers as GTA and is played in the Far West, epic game from what I've heard. Games like Little Big Planet and God of War are only on PS3, and are really good games.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If those or your choices, take the PS3. iPads blow so much, and are useless.

I've had a PS3 Slim since it was launched, and it's okay. I enjoy my Wii 10x more. I was going to recommend a 3DS, but you said you already paid it off.

I would say either just try to get cash out of them, or get something non-game related (Or get some games for your 3DS with it).

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
Lightning said:
Goli said:
Lightning said:
Satangel said:
PS3 all the way.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

*Final Fantasy clone

biggrin.gif
#cheersup

It's not the best, keep in mind that games like GTA, Super Mario, CoD and Zelda usually are hyped a lot and therefore good reviews with honest scores are rare. Red Dead Redemption should satisfy the buy, it's from the same makers as GTA and is played in the Far West, epic game from what I've heard. Games like Little Big Planet and God of War are only on PS3, and are really good games.

Thanks for the info; Ill just hve to wait till summer before I get my PS3!

Should I get Silver or Black(if silver is released)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's your choice, choose what fits your TV the best
smile.gif
I don't know anything about firmwares on the PS3 but maybe when there's a new colour released they'll put a new firmware on it, making it harder or impossible to hack it.
If you want to hack it of course, something I would really look into before buying it.

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still believe that the iPad is a useless product as you can do most of what an iPad can do on your iPod Touch. Now a PS3.... if you were to get that.... You would have a brand new console, to hook up to your TV. You could watch Blu-Rays.... and play games that don't suck after 20 minutes, as on the iPad.... the games suck period.

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lightning said:
Well yeah I am discussing with my parents; if I get my diploma end this school-year, will you get me a present?

ohmy.gif

Dad: Okay, we will think about it.(in the worst case I need to pay a part of it. But no worries)

biggrin.gif

No 3DS or NGP(3ds is pre-ordered and paid!) (NGP, I first wanna see if it succeeds!) I own a iPod touch 64GB(just that you know) and a DSI XL, a Wii and some crap more. I sold my 360!
biggrin.gif

They are sure about it if I get my diploma for the ''MAVO'' Dunno what it is in English. But its Dutch.

Ps, I chose for specify!

Good the only thing you must do is get your diploma and get a ps3 cause you have a ipod touch why get a bigger one.
BTW after 2 years i will get my diploma for the HAVO
blush.gif
and i will say the same question to my parents but i will get a ps4 or xbox 720
rofl.gif

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stylow said:
Lightning said:

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ps, I chose for specify!

Good the only thing you must do is get your diploma and get a ps3 cause you have a ipod touch why get a bigger one.
BTW after 2 years i will get my diploma for the HAVO
blush.gif
and i will say the same question to my parents but i will get a ps4 or xbox 720
rofl.gif

Lol Ill go for my HAVO after my MAVO.

PS4!
rofl2.gif
and what about hmm Nintendo WiiiiW double wii, double fun! [/joke]

But I do not intend to hack my PS3 at the first place. maybe later, but I am not sure yet.

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool, a fellow Dutchie. I hope you get your diploma.

The way I see it:

PSP - Bigger screen is a huge advantage, plus there are lots of great titles, especially if you are into rpg's. I prefer it over a DS, although I am a minority in this.

Xbox 360 - Great system too. Softmodding-options are limited, no homebrew and a bit taxing if you have never done it before. On the other hand it is cheap, Xbox Live is excellent (though modding it will prolly get you banned) and the amount of quality software is huge. The controller is the best controller ever created, imo.

PS3 - Potentially the system with the most live in it. The choice of games you can get for it is about as good these days as the one for the 360. Softmodding is very new but promising. There's the additional advantage of being able to run backups from the hdd, which is something the 360 doesn't do.

Looking at these systems I'd say all of them are pretty sure bets (although some will probably say the PSP doesn't qualify as such), and the ultimate choice should be based on you personal preferences (I myself would buy back my 360 if I was in your shoes, btw).

As for the iPad: it's not a bad device, in fact, it's quite cool. But it's not more than that, so only get it if you have too much money.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iPads are worthless and useless. For the same price you can get a decent enough laptop with infinitely more functionality. If you want smaller, and cheaper, you could get an amazing notebook which, likewise, would have infinitely more functionality.

Regardless, get a PS3. I'm having fun with mine.

Also, everyone hates microsoft. But that's a pointless reason not to have a 360.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend the PS3. It really is the better "Gaming Console" in this case; the iPad isn't bad or anything, but it shouldn't be considered a game console.

More like a limited touch netbook. (Very limited)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3, the iPad isn't a "gaming" console, trust me, one of my mates has an iPad and he gets bored of the games really quickly, but it's all about personal preference.

Ask yourself: Would you rather play something like GTA IV for 6 hours straight or would you rather play Angry Birds for 6 hours straight? The iPad's games aren't made for long periods of time, plus, if you want games like that, the PS3 has minis that you can buy, so unless you need the iPad for something other than gaming, get a PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1