jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
AGBMidi 1.0a
MIDI Player for the GBA

[4235]agbmidi.png
Homebrew developer AikenToAki ahs released version 1.0a of AGBMidi, a MIDI player for the GameBoy Advance. The included converter is quite buggy and picky; make sure that the MIDI files you're converting are Type 0 and use tick based timing. Features list and download link below.
Features List said:
-4 configurable music players
-8 frequency setting (10512, 11468, 13379, 18157, 20068, 21024, 26758 and 31536 Hz)
-32 fully panable channels
-128 point reverb setting
-Frequency can be changed without altering sounds or music
-Average speed mixing routines (~1.8% CPU per channel, non-looped or quick looped* @ 18157Hz)
-Slightly above average RAM consumption. (~4.5KB EWRAM, ~3.1KB IWRAM)
-Plays MIDI (MOD and S3M support planned)
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, there's been quite a bit of outbrust in updates for the GBA and like. Well, 2 is quite a bit considering the GBA's been "dead" for quite a bit.

AikenToAki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry about the late reply, guys.. I only just registered here.. but anyway..

Before saying anything else, I seem to have broken AGBMidi, so bear with me as I write the new player. >.>"
I'm up to writing the sound handling functions and the converter. (Sound handling functions are almost done, just need minor tweaks and stuff, and the converter is yet to output actual data. xD But it can read files just fine (and I've optimized it a bit, and made the code cleaner and added options)).

Kuraudo39:
As golden said: "a type of music file"
Though I may add a bit to that:
A type of music file that can be VERY small (1KB or less) or VERY big (5MB, MIDI+Samples format)

Covarr:
I honestly wouldn't know where to place it.. I'm almost done with the default sound bank, so I'll place it somewhere on the net when it is. However, I'd say it sounds better than a cellphone soundfont, better than the default Roland synth on Windows computers, but certain sounds are slightly inferior to the Yamaha sound (that is, compared to my YMFPCI card. >.>").

drake7707:
I honestly don't know.. I only use my own libraries, cos I never really liked using libraries that I haven't coded.
tongue.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I shall wait until you make this sound bank available to use this software, then, as I don't feel like rooting around for a different one to use in the mean time.

Relatedly [sic], I listened to the demo. It sounds WAY THE HELL BETTER THAN CELLPHONES. Not that that takes much, but it means that I don't have to lose all hope in this program before even using it.
biggrin.gif

AikenToAki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, to make it sound better than phones, all you have to do is have something better than an FM synthesizer.

tongue.gif

But yeah, I'm actually re-writing the mixing routines to make them quality centered, rather than speed centered.
That said, I'm gonna keep on working on the converter.
tongue.gif

AikenToAki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minor update:
Patches 000:002 to 000:105, 000:117, 000:123, 127:000 and 127:016 (0-based) are complete.. meaning that the bank is almost complete... but I have yet to finish the patch-processing thingy in the conversion, and finish off the player itself.

Hopefully, the GBA will still be around when this is done.. *nervous laugh*
Oh well.. even if it isn't, it doesn't take much to convert the samples a bit and make a DS version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1