Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i hate to add on with out doing some research but i also don't care much for the dstt so i have no desire to look this up. isn't the H&S screen part of the ds firmware? to skip it would you not have to overwrite that part of the firmware? from my understanding of flashme (which i have only read about and not used) i thought that was the case. this is the first i've heard of a kit skipping the H&S screen. i'm still like -- " who cares " -- because whats 1 extra button push. i hated it that my r4 auto booted into the firmware and i'm so happy the acekard doesn't. unlike others i use dsdowload play and picto chat with friends and family. it was annoying to have to pop out the r4 everytime i wanted to do these things. the r4 had contact issues so it was a game of putting it in/out/in/out to get it working after that.

i should probably go and research if the dstt does skip the H&S screen and then e-mail to get the specifics. i should...

-another world

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSTT is autobooting like R4 (at least the R4/TT's I have here do), so of course it skips the H&S. IIRC it was asked a ways back if we'd like a way to change it, whether that is something still in the works remains to be seen - it's a somewhat risky operation since slot1 cards need that bit of header data to initialize crypt stuff properly, recovering a failed change to header data of the initial booting software would probably need to be done with external hardware.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think ganons is asking for the technical reason why some carts can do it, but it's "risky" for the feature to be added to the AK2 as Normmatt suggested not so long ago. Why isn't that feature risky for the DSTT and other flash carts that boot directly to the menu?

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cory1492 said:
DSTT is autobooting like R4 (at least the R4/TT's I have here do), so of course it skips the H&S. IIRC it was asked a ways back if we'd like a way to change it, whether that is something still in the works remains to be seen - it's a somewhat risky operation since slot1 cards need that bit of header data to initialize crypt stuff properly, recovering a failed change to header data of the initial booting software would probably need to be done with external hardware.

this is what confuses me about this conversation.. my r4 did not skip the H&S screen. after clicking "OK" it skipped the ds loader screen and booted directly into the r4 firmware. my r4 was the black v2 w/o the spring, the last loader i ran on it was 1.18.

-another world

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated the firmware today of a DSTT and it doesn't skip the health screen. It does auto-boot after it though.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
FlashMe.
Do it.
I couldn't resist. Srry in advance
wink.gif

flasher.JPG

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSTT does NOT skip the H&S screen, but it does autoboot afterwards (regardless of the DS settings) which is really irritating - as you have to eject the cart to access the DS menu.

If you just set the DS to autoboot, then it will do essentially the same thing with an AK, but with the added possibility of being able to hold start when booting to access the DS menu. (No need to eject)

To skip the H&S screen you need flashme
wink.gif
Or some other modification of the firmware.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
I think ganons is asking for the technical reason why some carts can do it, but it's "risky" for the feature to be added to the AK2 as Normmatt suggested not so long ago. Why isn't that feature risky for the DSTT and other flash carts that boot directly to the menu?

-Bri

Thank you

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
DSTT does NOT skip the H&S screen, but it does autoboot afterwards (regardless of the DS settings) which is really irritating - as you have to eject the cart to access the DS menu.

If you just set the DS to autoboot, then it will do essentially the same thing with an AK, but with the added possibility of being able to hold start when booting to access the DS menu. (No need to eject)

wink.gif

I could have sworn that the DSTT skipped the H&S screen and booted directly to the menu when you turned it on, but it's been a while since I've used mine. Maybe ganons can confirm.

By the way, you can use Yasu's "back2fw" (back to firmware) homebrew to get back to the NDS menu from carts like the DSTT that boot directly to the menu so you never have to eject the cart.

-Bri

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Joey90 said:

wink.gif

I could have sworn that the DSTT skipped the H&S screen and booted directly to the menu when you turned it on, but it's been a while since I've used mine. Maybe ganons can confirm.

By the way, you can use Yasu's "back2fw" (back to firmware) homebrew to get back to the NDS menu from carts like the DSTT that boot directly to the menu so you never have to eject the cart.

-Bri

I will confirm when I get home

another thing why does the loading screen up when launching a game (2sec wait) dstt is instant
can this be done like dstt in the new firmware?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would guess (not at all sure though
tongue.gif
) that the DSTT does some pre-loading as you scroll through the menu (hence the horrificly laggy filelist) whereas the AK2 does it all once you select a game (hence the super fast filelist).

Though the loading time for the AK is only really significant when it creates the save file the first time, and I would bet that the overall time of loading* the bottom ROM from a list of games on the DSTT is a lot slower than on an AK2... though for the first game in the list I am not as sure.

*From DS power on to game title screen

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
no when dstt is ran with a fat16 memcard scrolling is flawless. acekard still takes time to load even when it has save game created.

funnily Castlevania DoS intro runs smooth on dstt but laggy on acekard......

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
u r a dumb shit, if u understood my posts then u would understand there is no lag on dstt but with the same card there is on acekard

and your method to skip the h/s acreen is dumber than u look

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
u r a dumb shit, if u understood my posts then u would understand there is no lag on dstt but with the same card there is on acekard

and your method to skip the h/s acreen is dumber than u look

Nice post, grow up.

I am done with you, as it seems you're an absolute moron.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
Just curious, but has anyone confirmed whether or not the DSTT skips the H/S screen?

-Bri

It doesn't skip it but it does go into the menu without having you to press a button or touch the screen.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@ganons your comments were not necessary. there is no reason to post a reply with that language. we are all adults here. you should not let someone’s personality get the better of you and make you type a response the way you did. you have to read the words people use and do not reply to the tone you hear in your head when reading text.

if you want to ask your questions directly to norm or smiths idle in #acekard. just don't bring an attitude.

i notice no lagg at all when loading a rom or homebrew. yes it takes up to a second to load the rom, this is probably the way the info is handed over to the loader and the time it takes to verify the games is in ram before patches are applied (assuming they check for that). what you should be doing is dropping an e-mail to the dstt team and ask if they are using caching as a way to speed up the loading process.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it +2