AKAIO 1.5.1

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I'm a bit confused about this AK2i update for DSi1.4. I recently bought an AK2i and used the AKAIO 1.5.1 kernal with it. The card seems to be working fine on my friends DSi 1.4 without doing any sort of updating to the card. Is this beacuse the card was already updated when I got it?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
pjmorie said:
Hi all, I'm a bit confused about this AK2i update for DSi1.4. I recently bought an AK2i and used the AKAIO 1.5.1 kernal with it. The card seems to be working fine on my friends DSi 1.4 without doing any sort of updating to the card. Is this beacuse the card was already updated when I got it?
More than likely.
If it works fine, just enjoy it and don't worry about it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
pjmorie said:

Yup, the newer batch comes with the 1.4 fix
smile.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
rpgpromaster said:
whats the newest dsi firmware? is it 1.4? im on 1.3 and i dont want the upgrade to block the akaio 1.5.1
help

DSi firmware 1.4 is most current. It won't block AKAIO 1.5.1

If you have a newer card - the patch was already applied.
If you have an older card, say, more than 6 months ago, you'll want to upgrade your card first...put on the 1.4 patch, then upgrade to 1.5.1 on the card. THEN upgrade your DSi - if you really want to.

Personally, unless you have some very specific reason for wanting to upgrade your DSi from 1.3 to 1.4 (like the ability to go to the DSiWare Shop) or some functionality you just can't live without...I'd keep my DSi on 1.3 and not upgrade it to 1.4

If you DO upgrade it to 1.4 - I'd make sure I also have a DS Lite handy...to handle possible future fixes to flashcards...for the next time Ninty decides to try to remotely block them.

just my $.02 worth....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
rpgpromaster said:
whats the newest dsi firmware? is it 1.4? im on 1.3 and i dont want the upgrade to block the akaio 1.5.1
help

If you have an older card, say, more than 6 months ago, you'll want to upgrade your card first...put on the 1.4 patch, then upgrade to 1.5.1 on the card. THEN upgrade your DSi - if you really want to.

Personally, unless you have some very specific reason for wanting to upgrade your DSi from 1.3 to 1.4 (like the ability to go to the DSiWare Shop) or some functionality you just can't live without...I'd keep my DSi on 1.3 and not upgrade it to 1.4

If you DO upgrade it to 1.4 - I'd make sure I also have a DS Lite handy...to handle possible future fixes to flashcards...for the next time Ninty decides to try to remotely block them.

just my $.02 worth....
To add to this: Does your card show up as Danny Phantom? If not then you need to update it yourself

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Kalisiin said:
rpgpromaster said:
help

just my $.02 worth....
To add to this: Does your card show up as Danny Phantom? If not then you need to update it yourself

True....in a 1.4 version DSi.
He said he had not upgraded his DSi to 1.4...he's still on 1.3, so it probably still shows up as an Acekard...but, then again, maybe not...if the patch has been applied...I'm not sure on this point.
In a 1.4 DSi, the card should show up as "Danny Phantom" - in a DS Lite, the same card will still show up as an Acekard. I am unsure what that same card would show up as...in a 1.3 version DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...