Hacking AKAIO 1.8.5 Not Finding akmenu4.nds

c_house

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This morning i downloaded AKAIO 1.8.5 from akaio.net and loaded the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds onto my SD Card. I booted up my DSi and started the AK2i and a black screen with the message akmenu4.nds could not be found came up, even with it being on the root of my SD Card. Whats going on here?

c_house

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy and paste it where exactly? The .rar contains a loaders folder, which I already downloaded this morning and replaced the old loaders folder in the _aio directory. So that did not work.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's bump this back to the top. I had the same issue with a Kingston 8GB micro-SDHC. Worked fine with previous versions of AKAIO on my AK2i but kept getting the 'ak4menu.nds not found' when I tried 1.8.5. Frustrated myself for a half hour before I came to GBAtemp for the solution. 1.8.5a fixed the problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat unrelated to the original purpose of this thread, but it seems I cannot directly boot Moonshell2 anymore.
I take the moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds file and DLDI patch it then rename it to AKMENU4.NDS and it tells me "System File is Missing".

1DSnerd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its seems all the bugs have not been fixed as i have just recently set up 4 acekards with AKAIO 1.8.5 and 1.8.5a using sandisk 8bg micro sd cards and i could only get 3 of the 4 cards to work, i tried reformatting with Panasonic SD Formatter several times and changing acekard as well, in the end the only thing that worked was using 1.8.1 firmware
hate2.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Smiths said:
i needed 1.8.5a for my cheapo sandisk 2gb.

it works like awesome. updated loaders as well online.

what a great thing this AKAIO is!

SanDisc is best. Get used to it, Mr Smiths.
blush.gif

sandisk_2G_tf_logo.jpg

I'm a SanDisc, insert me to an Acekard, and you'll have endless enjoyment. TansFlash 2000.

Xeology

Trophies
Website
tempestdev.com
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Smiths said:
i needed 1.8.5a for my cheapo sandisk 2gb.

it works like awesome. updated loaders as well online.

what a great thing this AKAIO is!

SanDisc is best. Get used to it, Mr Smiths.
blush.gif

sandisk_2G_tf_logo.jpg

I'm a SanDisc, insert me to an Acekard, and you'll have endless enjoyment. TansFlash 2000.

That is the card I am using and still getting the akmenu4.nds error. Yes, I installed it right considering I had to do the 1.8.5a "fix" for my 4gb Sandisk. Seems like AKAIO is still broken for some. I will NOT be purchasing a new one though because my 2g was the replacement I bought once for this acekard.

SIDE NOTE: As a developer for another area of programming all together it is common practice for developers to develop products based on their SUPPORTER's/CUTSOMTER'S needs not their own. "Well it works on mine" is just a sign of a bad developer. IMHO Acekard is dead because there is no official support (INSTEAD riding off of OTHERS work on their product) and the unofficial support devs are arrogant and conceded. I guess the point here is get another brand of flashcart.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The whole "official team's menu isn't updated" is a strawman. If you know so much about development why are you encouraging duplicate effort? The official team does updates when they need to (such as for 1.4 and 1.4.1), and the official OS is only updated when there's a serious issue (such as the "bad batch" issue). The new features and game fixes are left for AKAIO. As well, AKAIO's not a "third party", it's officially-endorsed by the Acekard team, and they work together (to what extent varies, but the AKAIO team has done things the Acekard team wanted, like a one-off build of 1.8.1 for the R4i Ultra). You ever check the acekard site? They post about big AKAIO updates and officially recommend it over the base firmware.

As for support you're not seeing what you want because you're looking in the wrong place. GBAtemp is not the bug reporting forum. If you want to see where actual suggestions are posted and bugfixes are done, check the AKAIO forums.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
What? I don't know these words. Conceded, conceited, whatever.

Akaio is the damned best thing you can use for your DS, DS lite, DSi and DSi XL. And maybe even for your 3DS.

Get a new mSD, Mr Xeology. 16 GB for 20 Euros. SanDisc. Of course. They invented TransFlash.
blush.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
What? I don't know these words. Conceded, conceited, whatever.

Akaio is the damned best thing you can use for your DS, DS lite, DSi and DSi XL. And maybe even for your 3DS.

Get a new mSD, Mr Xeology. 16 GB for 20 Euros. SanDisc. Of course. They invented TransFlash.
blush.gif
Conceited means stuck up, arrogant.
Conceded means to give something up, like "He conceded the point".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: