Alan Wake Restored to Digital Storefronts

alanwake.jpg

After 17 months, the critically-acclaimed action-adventure game Alan Wake has been restored to digital storefronts. It was taken down on May 15, 2017 due to expiring music licenses which publisher Microsoft has renegotiated. It is currently available on Steam and GOG.com and is expected to be restored to the Xbox 360 marketplace soon.

Alan Wake is available now.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by FateForWindows,

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It went under my radar that it was removed from the storefront, but nice to know it's back. Such a good game, it's a shame it never got a part 2

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, I wonder if do to the circumstances piracy will have actually greatly harmed their sales.
Alan Wake was originally released back in 2010. This takedown happened in 2017, when 99 percent of the users interested in the game probably had already played it so I'm gonna go with a no on this question

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure that all the people who still didn't play the game had already bought it from Steam where sometimes it'd go for less than $5.

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alan Wake was originally released back in 2010. This takedown happened in 2017, when 99 percent of the users interested in the game probably had already played it so I'm gonna go with a no on this question
Actually, the PC version came out in early 2012 but that doesn't really change your point. The PC port had been out for over 5 years by then and most people had already bought the game.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since Quantum Break was a flop, I wonder if Remedy will go back to Alan Wake.
Well there's a TV series in the works too, so yeah I think they might already be working on a sequel: can't see MS renewing licenses for any other reason really - this game, while great, is showing its age a little bit already.

Reactions: jesterscourt

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
It's a good thing they didn't just remove the songs, they played a pretty big part imo in setting the atmosphere.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm, I wonder if do to the circumstances piracy will have actually greatly harmed their sales.
I remember people saying that when the takedown was announced. As said : it was already years old at that point and it had been in humble bundles as well. I think it's safe to say that if the takedown caused privacy, it was just because some people just want to download everything.

Reactions: tbb043

Razzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How clever of them to let licenses expire on purpose to have articles talking about the game. Free marketing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies