WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I'm running Tiramisu, and I currently have all my Wii U games on a USB drive. It all works perfectly.
Among such games, there's the famous "Oddworld - New 'n' Tasty", which I downloaded via Wii U USB Helper.

Wii U USB Helper says that "Oddworld - New 'n' Tasty" doesn't have a DLC.
But there is a free DLC for that game, called "Alf's Escape" and available directly by Nintendo. See here for example.

However, downloading that DLC from Nintendo requires a Nintendo account, which I'd prefer to avoid.

So I have two questions :
1. Would that DLC be available somewhere else to download? I haven't been able to find it.
2. Once downloaded, could I just put it on the USB HDD via WUP Installer just like the other DLCs I have ?

I'm in Europe BTW, I'm saying this region-wise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everybody,

I'm running Tiramisu, and I currently have all my Wii U games on a USB drive. It all works perfectly.
Among such games, there's the famous "Oddworld - New 'n' Tasty", which I downloaded via Wii U USB Helper.

Wii U USB Helper says that "Oddworld - New 'n' Tasty" doesn't have a DLC.
But there is a free DLC for that game, called "Alf's Escape" and available directly by Nintendo. See here for example.

However, downloading that DLC from Nintendo requires a Nintendo account, which I'd prefer to avoid.

So I have two questions :
1. Would that DLC be available somewhere else to download? I haven't been able to find it.
2. Once downloaded, could I just put it on the USB HDD via WUP Installer just like the other DLCs I have ?

I'm in Europe BTW, I'm saying this region-wise.

Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Probably not. USB Helper and similar are usually the best way to download games, if something is not available there, it's likely nobody dumped it. Have you checked the USA version of the game (if it has a separate USA version) to see if the DLC is available for that?
2. Yes

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TItle ID seems to be 01005E700ABB9001.
But most importantly, it seems that I was wrong: the DLC is available for many platforms, but not for the Wii U ! :huh:
https://oddworld.fandom.com/wiki/Alf's_Escape

Platforms

PlayStation 4
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One
PC
Mac OS
Linux
That's a bummer. So Wii U users can play New 'n' Tasty and save 299 mudokons, while other platform users can save 300...
Yet another bad move from Nintendo. This DLC was created back in 2015, so the Wii U was still a thing back then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz