Hacking Homebrew Wup Installer GX2 0xfffcffe9 Error (Aroma)

turbulence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everyone! I was trying to install games I got with Wii U USB Helper on WUP Installer GX2 (using Aroma), and got the error 0xfffcffe9 upon trying to install any games to the SD card. I'm using a 512 GB SD card formatted as FAT32 using guiformat. The SD card worked fine for installing Aroma, installing other homebrew apps, and modding the vWii, as well as installing WBFS games to it.

So far, I've tried:

Backing up the files and then formatting the SD card with the Wii U, didn't work because Windows wouldn't let me use it unless I formatted it when I went to put the files back.

Using a USB to SD adapter instead of using the SD card slot, didn't work because it couldn't access any of the files and booted into stock firmware.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this, so if anyone has potential solutions, please let me know :)

UPDATE: I FIXED IT 🗣️🗣️❗❗

You have to have a USB storage device (flash drive/USB stick, an SD card attached with a USB to SD adapter, a SSD or HDD attached with USB, etc.) plugged into the Wii U (formatted with the Wii U as well, it will prompt you to do this if you haven't already upon booting the Wii U with the USB storage device plugged in) when you go to install your games with WUP Installer GX2. The USB storage device doesn't have to have anything on it, as long as it's formatted correctly and the SD card is still there. Just make sure you have enough room :D

Last edited by turbulence,
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I recall my aunt's PC with Windows xp had some of the characters from the search tool +1