Allison Road, P.T.'s Spiritual "Successor" Cancelled.

8sh6cNh.png

Remember P.T.? Y'know, the spooky Silent Hill teaser for the now-cancelled Silent Hill game? Well, Allison Road, the "spiritual successor" which was meant to deliver more P.T.-related horror-y goodness has also been cancelled, according to the Allison Road Twitter account. No details have been released on the reason why just yet, but the developers have promised to release a statement "in a few days".

Allison Road had a promising start, especially after Konami had announced the cancellation of the newest Silent Hill game, with Team17 picking up the publisher rights after seeing a fairly successful Kickstarter campaign.

It's a shame to see this go, too, I was really enamored with Allison Road and was quite interested in seeing how it stands up to the more recent "jump scare" horror titles released in the past few years. Personally, I'm hoping they release a dev build or something the community can enjoy, as it seems like they've made quite a bit of progress since releasing the initial prototype gameplay video.

:arrow: Source

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing the trailer for this game a year or so ago. I hate horror genre, but this looked like a really promising game for the fans. Sad to see it's cancelled, I wanted a Markiplier playthrough!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the one with Norman Reedus? Yeah, it pissed me off that they canceled that.

So what is Alison Road, exactly? Another Silent Hill game, or something similar?

PT wasn't a demo of a Silent Hill game, PT was a demo of the new engine they planned on using for a new Silent Hill game. It was quite well received on its own, until Konami pulled the plug on Silent Hill and took PT off PSN.

Allison Road was a spiritual successor to PT, as in it would involve the same "psychological horror" type mechanics that PT had, not a Silent Hill game. I suggest watching a gameplay video of PT and the prototype video I linked to in the OP, to get an idea of what the game wanted to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC