Am I the only DS owner

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yesterday, after I got third in the national ESL (Electronic Sports League), and took my lame $0.99 worth prize (Braclet, sticker and Thermal Injection) [and if my Clan would've arrived too, I swear taking first place grand at clan tournament would've been as easy as ME2 - which is basically, cover yourself behind something, reload and shoot, the guy will never shoot you anyways] and went back home, I had a very weird event (for me)

On my way back home (Took a bus from Tel-aviv to Jerusalem, number 405 if anyone cares) I spotted a family sitting on the mid-front of the bus who had the weirdest smell you'd ever imagine, I am probably too used to the sweaty-Israeli smell, because thei'r smell was kinda sweet, like a choclate, sorta, I ignored the guys, and sat right near them (Remember, they were a familly, I just won third place in a national tournament, people were following me and talking about me \ to me while I ignore them completely, cameras were following me and I didn't have enough energy\power to yell back at them to leave me the fuck alone, killing around 6000~ while maintaing the best score in the room (16-man room, usually deathmatch, sometimes team deathmatch sometimes domination, and the funniest part [also, one of the sad parts], we also had Search and Destroy games] remember this is Call of Duty game, when you had enough of a Call of Duty game, most likely you'd want to either go and sleep\rest somewhere or either play a game which is not limited by time, For me it was about to be Pokemon Red on my NDSL (Yeah, Lameboy is as cool as that)

Then, right after I put my "prize" inside my bag, I saw something I couldn't believe, 2 set of DS's (One DS Lite one DSi) infront of me being played by the guys with the weird smell, remember, its Israel we are talking about, mainstream portable is PSP, People consider the DS as a Gameboy series, and I heard a very fammillier sound, I will let you guess. its everyones favorite game -> Mario Kart (European), I never thought they were not Israeli, I mean, who the hell wanna fly to Israel? and with a DS? waste of time, so I spoke to them in Hebrew (translated) "It's rare for me to see a DS owner, so right now I got double - you and your brother, do you live in Tel-aviv? I live in a city near Jerusalem", they responded in quicker french then my brain could've translate/process in its whole life, then, when they saw my question marked face (remember, I am as tired as hell guys, I beat thousands of Call of Duty tubers\UMP rush strategy users\G18 akimboers and so on) they responded again in English "We are from France, we don't speak English", I gathered all my knowlege in French in one minute in my mind to understand I can't speak to them with their own language, I suck at it too much, so I decided to stick to English, my gammar might suck, but that's the positive side in English, your can use the worst accent and gammar together to form an understable word, you can "deliver" any sort of message as long as you know enough words to express `em

I took out my DS (saw that my Power on\off button is "stuck", remembe, its DS Lite, it's kinda a switch more then a button, I saw that if I pull the power button up for 2 seconds it turns on, 4 seconds is tun on and off, I got the hang of it, Opened the Nintendo DS Lite, and ka-boom, auto load Supercad DSTwo, for few minutes they just stared at that Flash Card (remember, autoboot of Supercard DSTwo for Nintendo DS Lite doesn't happen at every console. they plugged off a flash card from the DSi, it was R4i (imo, because of the firmware the used, I think its an Acekard 2i clone, or should I say klone?), and the other guy showed me an empty slot-1 DS Lite, I understood, I tried hooking up to the Mario Kart, the little brother was at the Blue Team, the bigger brother was with me on Red Team, the rest were just bots, it was 6 on 6, we had a lot of smiling and kinda had fun (and I had a weird experience, online multiplayer game without lagging? I can see the person I am beating?

later on they asked me if I ever played Call of Duty, I took out my lame prizes and told `em its a third prize won in a national tournament for singles [Clan tournament's prizes were much cooler, including $250 in cash), they opened the DSi and brought up Call of Duty Modern Warfare mobilized, remember faux, my only experience at FPS games on the DS is with Metroid : Prime Hunters, I told them that, they were like, "Watch and Learn baby x)", I saw the guy pulling his finger and starts aiming with it, I saw how hard it is, compare to my mouse its around 3-4 seconds interval, in Call of Duty, at least the PC Call of Duty that I am experienced in, 3-4 seconds its more then it takes for a rookie to aim and kill anyone if he's not dead yet, I plugged out my Stylus, gave it to him (then tried to fix the dam' power button), then the little brother got tired of getting beaten over and over, they started the weirdest of all games, New Super Mario Bros, but a part of it I was never aware of, the local New Super Mario Bros, where you kinda verse against each other, it's 2 only, but still amazing, first time I thought it might be New Super Mario Bros Galaxy, though I don't have a wii, I started walking to the right direction (remember, I never saw this kind of multiplayer game, no matter how many times I beat NSMB 2006), a wall, while I had a question mark on my face, the guy was throwing shells at me - then it beat me, I took out Cooker Mario (that's how I call him, its white-cloths for gods sake), and started shooting at him, he pulled out Shell Mario and started rolling at me, I tried to stop the shell by jumping above it (NSMB instincts fail huh?), it was useless. then I saw the bigger brother getting boored like hell and gave him the DS, so he can play

Then the hour-long bus ride stopped, we arrived to Jerusalem, I was on my way to the nearest bus station to get closer and closer to my house, so I can take my dog out, let it pee (Remember faux, its 4 hours to get to the event's area, 4 hours to return, and 3 hours long championship, while I watch clan tournament as well and see how many UMP users there are, I mean, it takes one guy with brains to pull out TAR-21, take a high position, camp there, start to shoot and take down some guys from range, run away from there to a range position, waiting for the camp-killers to arrive, killing them, and game, after all, they were playing Search and Destroy, what's killed never comes back for 1 round), and then go to sleep, lack of internet connection\energy driven me off from the ability to blog it yesterday, but hey, today is not that bad, 1 day delay
tongue.gif

Gotta fix that power button\switch for the DS Lite, any tips gladly accepted
Till then, keep on trolling

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
When I saw the title on "Latest Discussions" I was like : "Dude, you're on the Temp. How can you be the only DS owner here ?"

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
When I saw the title on "Latest Discussions" I was like : "Dude, you're on the Temp. How can you be the only DS owner here ?"
Same here. Great article though.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
DjoeN said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15610
Replacement power switch for NDS Lite (you need to solder a bit)

Unless its just the plastic slider that goes over the powerswitch, then you need something else
(try a replacement case for your NDS Lite, it contains everything)
http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/searc...lacement%20case
Thanks, it's very decent, but I'd also need to buy a soldering gun, I will see how much it's gonna cost me and decide if I wanna get used to it or wanna pay to fix it when I get my bank report

Ritsuki said:
Yeah, that's the main idea, the sub-title contains "in Israel?", because for the recent years, I have NEVER seen a DS owner, infact, when I found out about `Temp, I was starting to question if its a gather of small amount of freaks around the globe who are still entertained by Nintendo's portable consoles, I couldn't believe to hear that the DS is as popular as it is, and the PSP is the oppsite, because the situation in Israel is a reverse
unsure.gif
yaynds.gif

fudgenuts64 said:
QUOTE(Ritsuki @ Aug 26 2010, 09:44 AM)
Same here. Great article though.
Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it ^.^, most of you probably got used to local-WiFi communication, so I kinda bet that it'd be as booring as hell

Koyorie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
I lived in Israel for a long time, but not anymore, and I had a ds there
happy.gif
Your profile says Israel, btw, where exactly did you live? I live in Jerusalem/Tekoa

I chose Israel for my GBAtemp profile since I had a lot of nice memories there. I lived in Holon. Sometimes I would take my ds with me so that I wouldn't be bored waiting for the bus. For some reason the buses I took always were late
glare.gif

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Koyorie said:
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
happy.gif
Your profile says Israel, btw, where exactly did you live? I live in Jerusalem/Tekoa

I chose Israel for my GBAtemp profile since I had a lot of nice memories there. I lived in Holon. Sometimes I would take my ds with me so that I wouldn't be bored waiting for the bus. For some reason the buses I took always were late
glare.gif
Egged, the best at home x)
/ I understand you, I purchased the DS for the same reason

Koyorie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
happy.gif

glare.gif

I always found Dan slower
laugh.gif

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Koyorie said:
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
Chaosruler said:
Koyorie said:
happy.gif

glare.gif

I always found Dan slower
laugh.gif
And cheaper
smile.gif
, too bad Dan is not in Jerusalem
frown.gif
Egged overpricing = either waste your gas money else taxi, more market comptetion never hurt anyone
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    True lol
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: