Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Please, Rydian: Listen to gamers and not flashcard fans or flashcard employees in the future.
shy.gif
I'm going by what I saw on this very forum.

RupeeClock said:
Rydian said:
QUOTE(Etalon @ Mar 7 2011, 11:42 PM) He hyped M3i Zero as well, the most worst DSi card anywone can get.
The M3i Zero WAS the best flash cart of it's time, and back then the decision was Acekard 2i (cheaper and less features), or M3i Zero (more expensive but more features).
I disagree, even at the time I think it had a flashy firmware that disguised a very poorly coded product.
It wasn't worth the added features at all, not when it couldn't do the simple task of playing DS games worth a damn, let alone not turn off when in sleep mode.
The DSTWO is the current top but I could name you 3-4 bugs off the top of my head.
tongue.gif
And the devs of AKAIO even had to joke about how they have to keep releasing bugfix versions lately. As for the iEvo, there's issues with it, too. R4i gold? Rife with clones.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Etalon said:
Please, Rydian: Listen to gamers and not flashcard fans or flashcard employees in the future.
shy.gif
I'm going by what I saw on this very forum.

RupeeClock said:
Rydian said:
QUOTE(Etalon @ Mar 7 2011, 11:42 PM) He hyped M3i Zero as well, the most worst DSi card anywone can get.
The M3i Zero WAS the best flash cart of it's time, and back then the decision was Acekard 2i (cheaper and less features), or M3i Zero (more expensive but more features).
I disagree, even at the time I think it had a flashy firmware that disguised a very poorly coded product.
It wasn't worth the added features at all, not when it couldn't do the simple task of playing DS games worth a damn, let alone not turn off when in sleep mode.
The DSTWO is the current top but I could name you 3-4 bugs off the top of my head.
tongue.gif
And the devs of AKAIO even had to joke about how they have to keep releasing bugfix versions lately. As for the iEvo, there's issues with it, too. R4i gold? Rife with clones.
Didn't stop list all(or a least most) of the issues of each
tongue.gif

Some of you might just got the short in of the stick as in mine had no sleeping problems and such...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna re-post my comment from YouTube:

I'm amazed Alex Rider Stormbreaker header info still works.

Actually...if it still works, why doesn't AK2i still work? Is there actually a slight bit of protection on the 3DS besides what the DSi had?

Also, I'm betting this is just a re-stickered Acekard.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Some of you might just got the short in of the stick as in mine had no sleeping problems and such...
Could go the other way as well, for example my DSTWO does not seem to be affected by the missing icon glitch in the latest firmware update that everybody else is reporting... but my Acekard 2i has contact issues.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
tongue.gif
And they're all much better products than the bug-laden M3i Zero.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
KingVamp said:
Could go the other way as well, for example my DSTWO does not seem to be affected by the missing icon glitch in the latest firmware update that everybody else is reporting... but my Acekard 2i has contact issues.
Funny enough I have had the same...
  • No problems with DSTwo (or the LE-DS2 for that matter) even after the update & after running the emulators
    Acekard2i has contact issues/Locks up on Health screen (especially on a DSLite) - even WITH the 'card trick'
    M3i Zero - has actually had NO problems (Yet) except for the limited support
    [real] R4i Gold - problems when using a normal 2Gb MSD (locks up on white 'LOADING') but works fine with SDHC cards
.....Go figure !!!

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, can we keep this on-topic? I mean seriously folks, this isn't the place for M3 vs AceKard vs DSTWO vs R4.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
RupeeClock said:
And they're all much better products than the bug-laden M3i Zero.The DSTWO didn't exist when the M3i Zero was the competitor to the Acekard (nor did the Wood port for R4-named carts).

Yeah, I tried upgrading to the M3i at the time, it failed miserably.
DSTwo totally filled that void the M3i left.

QUOTE(TehSkull @ Mar 8 2011, 07:28 AM)
Guys, can we keep this on-topic? I mean seriously folks, this isn't the place for M3 vs AceKard vs DSTWO vs R4.

It is when nobody's interested in generic flashcart #074
tongue.gif

fancysky016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am pretty sure all current flashcart can support ds games sooner or later.

but we need a 3ds flash cart.

this might takes time.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
... Isn't it scientifically proven that ANY cart can work on a 3DS????
More or less, it just matters if the team bothers to update it or not.
Right now the 3DS seems to operate just like a DSi, in terms of DS games.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
RupeeClock said:
AlanJohn said:
[sarcasm]... I wonder if they make an update to the original R4 DS to make it work on the 3DS [/sarcasm]

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
RupeeClock said:
AlanJohn said:
[sarcasm]... I wonder if they make an update to the original R4 DS to make it work on the 3DS [/sarcasm]
Sarcasm aside, pretty obvious that if it don't work on a DSi it ain't gonna work on no 3DS.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
RupeeClock said:
Rydian said:
Etalon said:
He hyped M3i Zero as well, the most worst DSi card anywone can get.
I'd also disagree.

You know what I did after finishing the M3i Zero review? I went straight back to my Ak2. Because even though the M3i Zero supposedly had "better features" and a "nicer GUI" it was not reliable enough to be used in every day usage when compared to the Ak2 coupled with AKAIO.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
AlanJohn said:
RupeeClock said:
AlanJohn said:
Sarcasm aside, pretty obvious that if it don't work on a DSi it ain't gonna work on no 3DS.
I don't recall the NinjaPass working on the DSi and yet
[youtube]jXxOlWKSKA0[/youtube]

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a r4i rebrand....
Every team has to start somewhere. You cannot judge something before you try it out.
Its not something we are stocking, i am sure some people will sell it for $10 or so.

People in China cannot access youtube, and someone we know just emailed us the video to upload the video for them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land