Emulation Amiga emulation on retriarch (puae

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having some trouble with the puae emulator on retroarch.

Does anybody know the best settings and best kickstart Rom to use?

I've got it working. It's initially too quick with crackling audio. However if you hotkey into the quick menu and back out the game then works.

I've tried 3 kickstart ROMs all with similar results. Although the game works retroarch then crashes if I launch another game.

The amazing Spider-Man doesn't work either. And finally there doesn't appear to be a cheat database.

If anybody has tweaked the settings to resolve any of this let me know.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got it mostly working now. Every game I've tried runs. I'm using 3 kick-start roms I had a bit of trouble finding.... but the a500 one seems to have fixed most problems.

If anyone wants these bios roms message me.... I'm unsure if they're technically copyrighted so won't post them. There's loads of bios roms out there so these ones are for the puae core on retroarch and lakka. I tried and renamed loads but these were the only ones I could get working on this core.

I can't load cheats but I can do a search for the memory values and create my own.

I couldn't get the standalone emulator working with hard drive games.

I still get the initial speedup until you hotkey into quick menu. Or you can hold - on the left joycon for a few seconds..... maybe its a feature to speedup load time?

I had better luck with lakka. It didn't get the speedup problem or glitchy sound, but still loads fast. I also didn't get the bug where I launch a 2nd game and it crashes.

One last issue the roms/games in the playlist don't seem to register. By which I mean if you search "rain" every rom with rain in it like brain training or rainbow islands shows up on every system.... but the amiga ones seem to be exempt. Under the eplore you can still see amiga with all the other systems but I've no idea why the roms aren't coming up in a general search. If you highlight amiga you can search within that playlist so it still sort of works.

If I can get the search working and the cheat database that's pretty much job done.

Last edited by Kallim,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk