Emulation Best setup for cross-platform emulation on Switch ? (CaVE, RetroArch, basic emus)

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyah o/ !

I'm here with a dumb question, but I'd like to see if there's an easy way to go for it. I'm setting up a new PC, I've decided to be a gamer again and enjoy some classic videos games and try to complete them (for once rofl)

On my Laptop, I've some emus setups. I didn't went for the retroarch way because while I do like it, I just like to deal with each emus individually, have clean saving name / setup and also having some consoles out of it just... Annoys me. (Never have been of Dolphin with RetroArch for example, don't know why) So I'm not closed to the RetroArch solution, but i'm not the biggest fan.

I've played some GBA games on the NSO, and I've to say i'm liking it. I'm using the classic one, and I've been REALLY interested into CaVE and the potential with it. But I've ONE issue with it. I mean it'd be more global but I need to know.
  • Is there any way to extract the saves from CaVE ? Like my idea is to be able to move the saves between my emus and CaVE (so the NSO softwares) in the end.
If it's not doable :
  • what's the best emulation solution ? Still RetroArch ?
  • Is there more classic emulators that does a correct job emulation wise ? I've seen a few but I fear them to be... Less effective
In both cases, converting saves isn't the worse, so I coul ddeal with it, if it can avoid me to use RetroArch on my PCs either haha.
Thanks a lot !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1