Hacking an error has occured new 3ds xl

twistedominoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few years ago i cant remember what i was doing i think i was installing a9lh on my new 3ds xl and it shut off and now whenever i turn on the 3ds it gives me "an error has occured hold down the power button to turn off the power then turn it on and try again." i dont have a hardmod backup. can i fix it or do i have to get a new 3ds?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, try the battery trick.

If you manage to gain access to Luma3DS configuration by holding (Select) button when first turning on the 3DS.

Update the custom firmware depending what version you have:

Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older (arm9loaderhax):
Luma3DS v7.1–v9.0 (boot9strap):
  • Updating B9S
  • If you have Luma3DS v7.1, don't replace the boot.firm until after using SafeB9SInstaller.
  • If you want to cheat a little collecting files, use the archive found here.

Once the custom firmware is updated, try updating the 3DS firmware with Recovery Mode.
If that still doesn't fix the issue, do CTRTransfer.
If that STILL doesn't fix the issue, do CTRTransfer but this time with Decrypt9WIP. See here.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

If you manage to gain access to Luma3DS configuration by holding (Select) button when first turning on the 3DS.

Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older (arm9loader):
  • Updating B9S
  • If you have Luma3DS v7.1, don't replace the boot.firm until after using SafeB9SInstaller.

Once the custom firmware is updated, try updating the 3DS firmware with Recovery Mode.
If that STILL doesn't fix the issue, do CTRTransfer but this time with Decrypt9WIP. See here.
What does the battery trick do and how did you discover it?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
de-sync the battery . . . long story short just because its shut off does not mean the system (or any electronic for that matter) is not using the battery (or power in general) . . . its not really something he discovered. its essentially the same thing as unplugging your computer forcing the software to shut down (no power to any component) as opposed to shut off (which leaves certain processes running)

Last edited by wormdood,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
de-sync the battery . . . long story short just because its shut off does not mean the system (or any electronic for that matter) is not using the battery (or power in general) . . . its not really something he discovered. its essentially the same thing as unplugging your computer forcing the software to shut down (no power to any component) as opposed to shut off (which leaves certain processes running)
Ik, MCU is always on, but I'm not sure what holding and pressing the power button with the battery removed does.
Also no, when you shut down a PC the OS completely stops running (if that's what you're referring to), but stuff like the motherboard's internal clock keeps running

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't claim discovering the battery trick as it's an advice commonly used in resetting many types of electronics and gadgets. If you want to know how and why I stumbled upon it, it was out of necessity when I did some 64 KB cluster size testing on 128, 200, and 256 GB SD cards. Have you ever crashed within a crashed? It sucks. See here.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik, MCU is always on, but I'm not sure what holding and pressing the power button with the battery removed does.
forces the last bits of power out of the console

Also no, when you shut down a PC the OS completely stops running (if that's what you're referring to), but stuff like the motherboard's internal clock keeps running
precisely de -syncing the battery will cease the function of things like internal clock on the 3ds (along with everything else that runs with the power off) allowing for a full reboot

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

twistedominoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older (arm9loaderhax):
  • Updating B9S

unfortunately none of that worked because i dont think luma3ds actually got installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==