HBC installation + softmod might make it up for you. [img]http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/ohmy.gif" /> HBC installation + softmod might make it up for you. [img]http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/ohmy.gif" />

Hacking An issue with my softmodded Wii

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Computer's desktop? Don't you mean the Wii's home menu, or am I missing something here?
tongue.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
Computer's desktop? Don't you mean the Wii's home menu, or am I missing something here?
tongue.gif
No, a regular computer like a desktop or laptop running Windows. There are shortcuts (displayed as icons) on there so you can launch programs fast. Forwarder channels are the Wii's equivalent to shortcuts.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I think we misunderstood each other. I thought you were talking about actual computer things, not making a comparison to forwarder channels, which you actually did. Silly me...
tongue.gif

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Managed to get Cfg working! Yay! Can't seem to install the forwarder WAD, though. It's the "Alternative" forwarder channel. The file has "IOS58" in its name, so I figured I had to change to IOS58, but even then, it didn't work. Maybe I didn't change correctly or something... smh.

For WiiMod, I'm not sure how and where I should place the files on my SD card. In the ZIP's root, there's two folders: card, which arguably means that it should be on an SD card, and src, the weirdo. In the card folder, there's the apps folder with two more folders inside: .svn and wiimod. I'd rather wait for someone to tell me how to place the files before making any stupid mistakes.
tongue.gif

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
I'll try that.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=275487. There, the Alternative forwarder channel says IOS58, implying that I should change to IOS58 when installing that WAD.
It means the channel uses IOS58 when it runs.

Where is your USB Loader dol stored? It should be "SD:\apps\USBLoader\" or "USB:\apps\USBLoader\"

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, lolfail. So, it doesn't really matter what IOS I use to install WADs, right?

It's SD:\apps\USBLoader\.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
Oh, well I think I have that. I remember with ModMii, I had to patch that IOS.
Did you try the channel yet? It's a combination of two channels. I took the banner/icon/sound from a channel that is awesome, and applied them to one of the channels that use IOS58, so you get the best of both.
smile.gif

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, it worked! I saw that I could also delete the backup disc channel, which I think is called Neogamma, with that app. Should I do it? Not really bent on playing backups from DVDs...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
glysegui said:
Thanks, it worked! I saw that I could also delete the backup disc channel, which I think is called Neogamma, with that app. Should I do it? Not really bent on playing backups from DVDs...
You can delete it if you want. Just make sure you always keep at least one forwarder channel (such as the Cfg one I gave you) on your Wii. That way, you can use it to re-install homebrew if Nintendo releases another update that deletes the HBC.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It'll stay there. Also, with the update blocks and my average intelligence that prevents me from undoing the update blocks, I should be fine with updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/5zE3H65IDtM?si=cIVsTaWar9HofeR7