Hacking An OPEN SOURCE backup launcher has been created

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Supercool330 said:
Does anybody have a working link to the latest version of the source. It is really strange that I can't find the source code for a piece of GPL licensed software.

Thank google cache...

LINK REMOVED

rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Seems to me that WiiGator removed the source from rapidshare.
frown.gif

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx doslu. I found the link ZerO pointed out using Google cache (great minds think alike), but it was already dead since WiiGator had changed the name.

tenox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wiifree and it didnt work with the leaked version.. i dont know how to install this so i cant try it out again.. but once i do i will check.. wiifree doesnt load mario kart wii.. (or does it?) so i want to try this method out to load it.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a link of how to use this?

I haven't kept up with the Wii Hacking thing for a while so I'm completely lost with this.
I have the BackUp Loader Channel in my Wii so far, is there anything else I need to have? I need a tutorial or something about the steps needed before burning the ISOs onto a blank DVD.

EDIT: Ok, I was looking at the Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ and saw the tutorial, now I'm wondering, are the steps the same for using this Backup Loader?

C

Chux

I drag and drop the ISO into the backup creator and it does it's thing and I burn the partition.iso and then I get a Disc ID error when I run it.

Any ideas?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
john.jingle said:
Does anyone have a link of how to use this?

I haven't kept up with the Wii Hacking thing for a while so I'm completely lost with this.
I have the BackUp Loader Channel in my Wii so far, is there anything else I need to have? I need a tutorial or something about the steps needed before burning the ISOs onto a blank DVD.

EDIT: Ok, I was looking at the Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ and saw the tutorial, now I'm wondering, are the steps the same for using this Backup Loader?

yes.
wink.gif

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chux said:
I drag and drop the ISO into the backup creator and it does it's thing and I burn the partition.iso and then I get a Disc ID error when I run it.

Any ideas?

the backup creator might have issues with some games. in my case some of the created isos can't be burned in any way.
Someone should provide a compiled version of this "extractpartition" thing WiiGator mentioned in the howto. It might work better. maybe u just use the wrong kind of DVD media for burning. DVD-R should be the 1st choice.

C

Chux

--=ZerO=-- said:
Chux said:

Any ideas?

the backup creator might have issues with some games. in my case some of the created isos can't be burned in any way.
Someone should provide a compiled version of this "extractpartition" thing WiiGator mentioned in the howto. It might work better. maybe u just use the wrong kind of DVD media for burning. DVD-R should be the 1st choice.

Yeah, it might be the game I chose, I wish I could just try the ones I have, but I have to find ISO's.

I'm giving another game a shot.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chux - i have a download in my sig that has all of the files you need and the latest iso loader with the channel installer and a how to step by step on it all for a pretty basic install from scratch.(I didnt make any of them so no credit goes my way , just made a nice easy zip with everything you need in one - and im trying to keep it up to date as things change )

You can give it a go if you like - let me know if theres anything confusing and ill change it, but a few have tried and no one ran into any issues.

Granted this is an install from scratch , u may have some strange things because u have some bits done already , but its a learning process - worth a try if you want.

There is a folder on the SD card side of the files that has apps in it and in there an ISO folder with a boot.dol and bootOriginal.dol ... the bootOriginal.dol file is the initial beta release by Waninkado so if the boot.dol file doesnt work try renaming that one and replace it with the Original one and see how you go.

let me know if you figure it all out.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks djtaz. just finished downloading your zip. i have an untouched Wii (3.2U). before i get started on your pkg, is there a "best" sequence of installs you recommend that enables homebrew and this backup launcher (awesome work WiiGator) on my virgin Wii?

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
chux - i have a download in my sig that has all of the files you need and the latest iso loader with the channel installer and a how to step by step on it all for a pretty basic install from scratch.(I didnt make any of them so no credit goes my way , just made a nice easy zip with everything you need in one - and im trying to keep it up to date as things change )

You can give it a go if you like - let me know if theres anything confusing and ill change it, but a few have tried and no one ran into any issues.

Granted this is an install from scratch , u may have some strange things because u have some bits done already , but its a learning process - worth a try if you want.

There is a folder on the SD card side of the files that has apps in it and in there an ISO folder with a boot.dol and bootOriginal.dol ... the bootOriginal.dol file is the initial beta release by Waninkado so if the boot.dol file doesnt work try renaming that one and replace it with the Original one and see how you go.

let me know if you figure it all out.
That zip seems pretty good. What back up loader is that on the boot.dol Is it wiigator? I'm still yet to try any of this but I shall. Tomorrow probably.

mobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone that is getting the "DVD Identify Failed" error, do you have modchips installed?
Also, does mplayer dvdlib edition work for you?

I have a WiiKey unsuccessfully installed ( or at least I think it's unsuccessful, real Wii games boot but, the the WiiKey upgrade disk and SMG don't seem to work ) and mplayer dvdlib edition doesn't detect a DVD drive.

I know I have cIOS and DVDx installed properly.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've installed mods before but this is the first time I am stuck.

I decrypted lego batman with the waninkoko decrypter, I renamed partition.iso to legobatman.iso or some crap just so i dont 'lose' it in my pc. I didnt touch the volume label when I burned it at 2x on DVD-R.

I installed cios installer from tona, his rev 4, supposedly equal to waninkoko's rev5

I had dvdx installed already so i went into the installer again and this time chose advanced ios 249

then I installed the chan version of the launcher, 2 versions, the one that removes nukes name and gators 1st one that was changed to chan form.

long story short when i have the disc read i get the identify error, I tried forced NTSC yes and i tried no

still no dice.

any advice???

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... My burned Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (US) doesn't green screen with this loader. Even though it was patched using Waninkoko's leaked program.

Full color on an NTSC 3.3U Wii, with 480p and component cables. No modchip installed.

Just lag during videos, which is common.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerzInc said:
its pointless to test with a modchip. how can you even test it? The modchip will see its a backup and play it.

this is not true, neither waninkoko's nor wiigator's programs will properly launch "patched"/restructered backups if the wii is modded, and the modded wii will not recognize the disc throught regular booting because it has been altered. what results, is the -4100 error (DRE), however, the visual display for this is different for both programs, waninkoko's actually says -4100 and restarts, backup-launcher instead just "Freezes" and may eventually crash?
Eventually, some program should be able to function even on already modded wii's. So far no successful reports of any modchip NOT blocking this have been stated. why would this be nice to use on a modchip? 99% of the time it wouldnt, but if some game has some crazy copy protection in the future, it might be nice to have a 2nd backup-boot methodology....

right now there are really three ways to load "unpatched" wii games via a modded wii: direct menu boot, diagnostic boot (starfall), and geckoOS.
a fourth method, even if it requires disc restructuring and slow loads would not be unwelcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online