Anbernic officially releases RG351 details and announces launch of its official YouTube channel

rg351 banner.PNG

Since the RG350 set the standard when it comes to retro handhelds based on the 4770 CPU, Anbernic has gathered a significant international following. However, official news and videos of the company’s plans were limited to forums and word of mouth. But this will soon change. Anbernic plans to have a bigger international presence and has exclusively confirmed with GBAtemp that they will maintain an official YouTube account with videos and announcements.

This news coincides with the upcoming release of the RG351P and the company will premier a new video of the device as soon as tomorrow at 16:00 GMT on their new channel. This video will feature official footage of the performance of emulators on the device. Speaking of the RG351P, Anbernic also shared the official specs with GBAtemp, which you can see below:
  • Screen: IPS 320*480
  • CPU: RK3326 1.5GHz
  • GPU: Mali-G31 MP2
  • RAM: DDR3L 1GB
  • Storage: Upto 256GB microSD card support
  • Supported emulators: PSP, PS1, NDS, N64, DC, CPS1, CPS2, FBA, NEOGEO、NEOGEOPOCKET, GBA, GBC, GB, SFC, FC, MD, SMS, GG, MS, PCE, WSC
  • WIFI: 2.4Ghz 802.11b/g/n
  • Dimensions: 46 cm x 35 cm x 20.8 cm
  • Weight: 0.19kg
The RG351P will be available in 3 colors, namely white, black and “GBA blue” as you can see below:

rg351.jpg

rg351 back.jpg PCB rg351.png rg351 wifi.png rg351 psp.png

Anbernic will launch the RG351 on September 18th, priced at $109.99. Keep an eye out for performance footage of the device that will premier on the official channel tomorrow at 16:00 GMT.

:arrow: Anbernic Official YouTube channel

Attachments

• rg351 banner.PNG
    rg351 banner.PNG
    97.3 KB · Views: 172

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmm i was kinda hyped about this system.
After watching some comparison videos, i decided, that already having a Switch is enough, as the emulation power of it is similar, potentially better

What I really like is the form factor, the resolution, fitting for 240p and 480p games. The DPad seems to be good, right position for retro games imho.
They changed the screen dimension to meet the GBA one. This is not ideal for 4:3 games but not that big of an issue.
The 350 already had a nice, metal version, the 351 could get one also, prefer that.

The state of emulation for N64, DC, PSP and DS is not that great, this video explains it quite nice:

So, if they would decide to make a similar device, just better specs, maybe a fancier GUI, id even buy it for 200€, if the internals get an upgrade.
But so far its the best of those "chinese" handhelds, that I know of.
edit: Actually it is possible to change the user interface.

Last edited by Evilengine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k