Android Android Gaming

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about 2D RPGs for me is that I'm already using the SNES emu to catch up on some of the great ones. Now a nice little action RPG would be lovely!

Same here! I am currently playing through Chrono Trigger on my Touchpad. It's an amazing game.

BTW if MMOs are your thing Order and Chaos is a complete 3D world MMO. They charge monthly after 3 months I believe.

Pocket Legends and Star Legends are other MMOs to consider.

I started playing "Celes Arca" It's a very low key MMO but has fairly good art direction.

I just checked that out on Youtube. I'm not usually into Anime style stuff but it looks pretty sweet!

How can I add you on it?

EDIT: The same company appears to make another MMO called Iruna.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asobimo.iruna_alpha_en&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5hc29iaW1vLmlydW5hX2FscGhhX2VuIl0.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Android gaming can be a bit touch and go, the diversity of handsets and their quality can be detrimental. For example some phone's touch screens aren't as sensitive, responsive or well designed as, say, that of an iPhone.

However, here are a few good games I've experienced.

Dead Space
Pocket Legends (kinda neat mini-MMO with group/instanced dungeons, also free to play*)
Angry Birds Space

Some Android-available games that I have played outside of Android that are really good:
Machinarium
NOVA series
Sonic CD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about 2D RPGs for me is that I'm already using the SNES emu to catch up on some of the great ones. Now a nice little action RPG would be lovely!

Same here! I am currently playing through Chrono Trigger on my Touchpad. It's an amazing game.

BTW if MMOs are your thing Order and Chaos is a complete 3D world MMO. They charge monthly after 3 months I believe.

Pocket Legends and Star Legends are other MMOs to consider.

I started playing "Celes Arca" It's a very low key MMO but has fairly good art direction.

I just checked that out on Youtube. I'm not usually into Anime style stuff but it looks pretty sweet!

How can I add you on it?

EDIT: The same company appears to make another MMO called Iruna.

https://play.google....2FscGhhX2VuIl0.

Not sure but my screen name on there is LightyKD. Heck I'm LightyKD everywhere! :D

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are missing all of the "Zenonia" titles on your RPG list. I own the first one but it looks like ass on Tablet screens.

Are they actually decent RPGs?
I haven't played far into 3, and not even 4 because it requires you to be online (unless cracked)

But I liked 2. I own 1 for the 3DS and it's alright for what it is. There's not many RPG games in that style so without competition, it's one of the "good" RPGs out for android.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Crystal defenders was really great tower defence even that it's just lazy port, overpriced and doesn't update.
Anomaly warzone (HD) was even better tower offence game which was good port, really cheap within humble bundle and updates.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A newcomer has arrived to android...

Mass Effect Infiltrator.

Seems top-tier. I'm half-way through the data download right now.

@quietlyawesome94 knows how it is. (;

edit: why can i never summon properly...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Legacy, it's supposed to be a Final Fantasy X or XIII clone.

In fact, you can pretty much add any game from Gameloft, they're all clones of big-name games.

Also, you're missing Grand Theft Auto 3, that's a pretty big one. There's also a clone of it called Gangstar, you have two of the games but there's a third called Gangstar: Miami Vice.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A newcomer has arrived to android...

Mass Effect Infiltrator.

Seems top-tier. I'm half-way through the data download right now.

@quietlyawesome94 knows how it is. (;

Screenshot_2012-05-22-20-17-26.png

Screenshot_2012-05-22-20-17-37.png

Screenshot_2012-05-22-20-23-31.png

It's a blast!

Reactions: 1 person

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If strategy games are your cup of tea, then I'd recommend Great Little War Game, and Total War Battles: Shogun.
The first one is already out on the Android platform, the second's status is "coming soon".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.