ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Pikolou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update v2.0.2 released...No BID yet as don't have my switch
Update 2.0.2
Build ID: E5759E5B7E31411B

To ppl using codes from Sky

Ok 2.0.1/2.0.2Need an update for 2.0.2

1. Code:
    [Instant Text Speed]
    [Max Stamina]
    [Text to Slot 1]
    [Chat Buffer to Slot 1]
    [Nook Shopping App to Empty Slot]
    [furniture you touch to empty slot]
    [Max ABD 999,999,999]
    [Max Nook Miles 9,999,999]
    [Easy DIY (Requires First Resource x1)]
    [Animation Speed xx]

2. Code:
    [Walk through Walls (Hold L)]
    [Speed x4 (B)]

No changes for inventory offset.

Edit: CJB has updated Speed/Walk through Walls codes :)

Last edited by Pikolou,

Aldath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have a backup from way before this bug started happening, go into your Villager0 folder and grab the postbox.dat and postboxHeader.dat files and copy them over to a current save.

it has to be YOUR postbox and postboxHeader and not anyone else's or the game will freak out and say you have corrupted data.

if for some reason you no longer have a backup, start a new island. As a precaution, name it the same character and town name. grab the files from THAT save file and use it on your old island save. then restore the old island save.

your mailbox might be empty, but it should fix the weird bug thing.

if it doesn't, I got nothing else. Good luck player.

Thanks for the reply and the help, I got it to work :)
What I did, for anyone who might have this issue, was making a backup of my current file, creating a new one naming my town and character the same as the bugged file, and replacing the files Villager0, postbox.dat and postboxHeader.dat , then restoring the old file and voila!

Reactions: Exegency

secretme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thank you everyone for all the information, help and quick updates. Reading through the posts, I understand that as long as I don't have any NSP installed, I can use Atmosphere from the system NAND and play online. I have Atmosphere installed and I'm booting it from the Sys NAND. I'm playing ACNH from a cart with nothing else on it besides some homebrew. Can I play online and use cheats while visiting other islands with out ban? Is there risk of ban for adding creatures into inventory and giving them to Bathers? They don't show up in the phone app if I add them in that way.

Thank you in advance!

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,

Thank you everyone for all the information, help and quick updates. Reading through the posts, I understand that as long as I don't have any NSP installed, I can use Atmosphere from the system NAND and play online. I have Atmosphere installed and I'm booting it from the Sys NAND. I'm playing ACNH from a cart with nothing else on it besides some homebrew. Can I play online and use cheats while visiting other islands with out ban? Is there risk of ban for adding creatures into inventory and giving them to Bathers? They don't show up in the phone app if I add them in that way.

Thank you in advance!
There isnt a big risk, if you want to fill criterpedia, backup your save with jksv and use nhse to fill critterpedia

Reactions: secretme

secretme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isnt a big risk, if you want to fill criterpedia, backup your save with jksv and use nhse to fill critterpedia
Thank you for the prompt response. I would really only use the "chat to item 1" cheat. That was my main ban concern, the idea is to be able to visit friends and give them items they need/want.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for the prompt response. I would really only use the "chat to item 1" cheat. That was my main ban concern, the idea is to be able to visit friends and give them items they need/want.
Imo its better if you use mobile spawner, nhse or poker to drop on your island and let them come to pick up, but up to you.

HopeCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo its better if you use mobile spawner, nhse or poker to drop on your island and let them come to pick up, but up to you.
hi.. i was trying to figure out how to message you personally but i dont know there is a way to do that, i'm pretty new on here.. i was wondering if you could help me with a few questions I have with NHSE... if u can can u message me on discord.. my user name is Hopecreek#3018

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi.. i was trying to figure out how to message you personally but i dont know there is a way to do that, i'm pretty new on here.. i was wondering if you could help me with a few questions I have with NHSE... if u can can u message me on discord.. my user name is Hopecreek#3018
My discord jackio#8547

secretme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install sigpatches if I want to play online? When I try to open the album for home brew or when I hold R and open a game the OS crashes. I've made sure my homebrew everything is up to date, but I haven't installed sigpatches. I'm using a game cart and don't have any NSPs.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it safe to install sigpatches if I want to play online? When I try to open the album for home brew or when I hold R and open a game the OS crashes. I've made sure my homebrew everything is up to date, but I haven't installed sigpatches. I'm using a game cart and don't have any NSPs.
It is, i usually update sigpatches even online

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! How can I unlock terraforming in ACNH with NHSE? Also, is there any way to do an "unlock all"? Tysm!
Use a 5 star island files, replace your island(not save) and unlock terraforming

On nhse you can give all, but some stuff should be buyed manually just in case.

On edit player
Edit received items

Numeritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Use a 5 star island files, replace your island(not save) and unlock terraforming

On nhse you can give all, but some stuff should be buyed manually just in case.

On edit player
Edit received items
So I need to find a 5 star island save, then importing all my acres/items and all that things to the save I downloaded, right?
Where can I find a 5 star save? I haven't found any in the map sharing thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1