ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried asking around in any possible place, save the actual editor post, so here goes:

My game will no longer accommodate 10 villagers. It either ends up skipping a number (like right now I have villagers 1-3 and then 4-10), while simultaneously not loading a house for one of the villagers — my villager 10 only exists when she's visiting other villagers' houses, but not in the village itself since she has no house to speak of anywhere.

I have been trying to rectify this for MONTHS at this point, and I seriously have zero idea what to do. I'm not sure if posting my ACNL gardendat_plus file is against forum rules, but if there is somewhere I can contact somebody who is more tech savvy than me to take a gander at this, I have exhausted all possible options. I really would like to be able to have all ten villagers to diversify the feel of the game.

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here goes. For posterity's sake and for anyone who's had the same issue because this has taken me quite literally the entire summer on-and-off to figure out:

1. Download your garden_plus.dat file and go to macrobledo's ACNL editor.
2. Delete a BUNCH of (non-core) buildings/PWPs. I deleted seven, I believe.
3. This is crucial: SET YOUR GHOST VILLAGER TO "in boxes" SO S/HE LEAVES THE FOLLOWING DAY.
4. Update your newly-updated gp.dat file on your game or cartridge.
5. Load the day as normal. Then save and exit.
6. Return to the game, talk to Isabel but have her change the day ONE day forward.
7. Enter your save as usual. Then save and quit again.
8. Download this new gp.dat file and return to the editor.
9a. It should now say it has updated the amount of buildings present in your town (downgrading from one number, such as 57 to another, such as 50. You MUST make sure you see this when you initially upload your gp.dat file!)
9b. DO. NOT. ADD. ANY. NEW. BUILDINGS.
10. Upload this new gp.dat file and enter your game. If you like, you may set your date back, but it won't affect the procedure.

Now this is where things diverge:
**If you're using vapecord or if you have an ACNL Amiibo card**
Scan it to have a new villager come to your town. Fast forward one day to check if a plot of land is now visible some place in your village. Fast forwarding one more day will invoke Isabel to say a new villager has moved in. You're done!

**If you do NOT have a plug-in**
Simply keep skipping days until you can confirm there is a new plot set up in your town eventually. If you see a new plot eventually, you're done. If you do not see a new plot, but then Isabel tells you a new villager moved in at some point, you have not deleted enough PWPs and need to return to the editor and follow the steps from the beginning again.

I genuinely hope this helps someone else out in the future. This took months of time and effort to figure out; I had multiple people look at and edit my save file to no avail. I am greatly appreciative of those who reached out to me to try to help.

Mr_Persona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Am I safe to move work projects in areas where Isbelle said I couldn't place. I haven't used this in a while so I dont remember a lot. Also will it freeze the game if I place 2 fountains right next to each other or do I still need to give the buildings and projects the required normal amout of space between?

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Am I safe to move work projects in areas where Isbelle said I couldn't place. I haven't used this in a while so I dont remember a lot. Also will it freeze the game if I place 2 fountains right next to each other or do I still need to give the buildings and projects the required normal amout of space between?
Yes, but if you place projects directly next to one another, they could glitch out your character (as in, you'll walk through them) or if they're too close to the edge of a river or a cliff, you might have villagers floating in the air next to them as if there were regular tiles there.

Reactions: Mr_Persona

Mr_Persona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but if you place projects directly next to one another, they could glitch out your character (as in, you'll walk through them) or if they're too close to the edge of a river or a cliff, you might have villagers floating in the air next to them as if there were regular tiles there.
Good to know. It'll stop me a head of time from trying it. So placing projects in areas that Isabelle rejected is ok then but not right next to each other. And having my character house one space away from river?
Post automatically merged:

Good to know. I'll stop me a head of time from trying it. So placing projects in areas that Isabelle rejected is ok then but not right next to each other. And having my character house one space away from river?
Screenshot 2023-09-15 11.12.09 PM.png

here's my setup. the building all way to the left bottom corner of the map is police station and one in front of plaza is also police station. Is that good amount of space? So far game didnt freeze but double checking.

Last edited by Mr_Persona,

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know. It'll stop me a head of time from trying it. So placing projects in areas that Isabelle rejected is ok then but not right next to each other. And having my character house one space away from river?
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 394147
here's my setup. the building all way to the left bottom corner of the map is police station and one in front of plaza is also police station. Is that good amount of space? So far game didnt freeze but double checking.
Ya this looks fine to me!

Reactions: Mr_Persona

Kassie_SplatoonGirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i think it would be great if you could add perfectly built snowfolk to your town with this save editor, i went back to the website for this because i was struggling to make a perfect snowboy and when i right clicked on the snowmen that were already in my town all it said was "unkown item: 0x7ff8" lol

Reactions: kuro0628neko

ShadowLink18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides being able to change the train station roof color, and the town hall roof color, does it change the inside as well for both buildings? Also, am I able to edit Harvey’s location? I’d like to move it closer to my town hall, instead of near re-tail. I’d really appreciate any advice/help! Thanks!

Last edited by ShadowLink18,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it change the inside as well for both buildings?
Why not try doing that and see the result for yourself? I haven't used this tool, but it shouldn't be that difficult to operate, right?
Also, am I able to edit Harvey’s location?
Same as above. If there's no mention of "Harvey’s location" anywhere on the save tool, it probably isn't allowed.
Again, im probably not being that much of a help to you here (because i haven't used the tool), but sometimes it's just like that & people can't/won't help you with every little thing, sp with the simple stuff.

ShadowLink18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not try doing that and see the result for yourself? I haven't used this tool, but it shouldn't be that difficult to operate, right?

Same as above. If there's no mention of "Harvey’s location" anywhere on the save tool, it probably isn't allowed.
Again, im probably not being that much of a help to you here (because i haven't used the tool), but sometimes it's just like that & people can't/won't help you with every little thing, sp with the simple stuff.
Fair enough. I haven’t been able to use the tool yet because I don’t have a computer to borrow yet to download the tool and can’t hack my 3DS yet either.

Reactions: CoolMe

tinyumbrellas

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm having trouble with changing the items in stores - I added something that is usually sold at re-tail (sloppy bed) and she says "this belongs to ___ it's 0 bells" then she refuses to sell it to me, saying i have too many items, even though i have room in my pockets. Am I missing a flag or something when placing items in stores??

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble with changing the items in stores - I added something that is usually sold at re-tail (sloppy bed) and she says "this belongs to ___ it's 0 bells" then she refuses to sell it to me, saying i have too many items, even though i have room in my pockets. Am I missing a flag or something when placing items in stores??
If you're also using a plug-in, your inventory may appear to have empty slots even though it doesn't. You need to clear inventory.
Barring, that, I'm not sure what else may be wrong.

tinyumbrellas

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're also using a plug-in, your inventory may appear to have empty slots even though it doesn't. You need to clear inventory.
Barring, that, I'm not sure what else may be wrong.
I may have installed the Clean Texture Pack by maniman303 on gamebanana which is a texture pack but that's about it!
for reference im on a CFW 2DS XL so im using checkpoint to dump and reload my saves after editing with the save editor.

What part of the editor sets the price for items in stores or the original owner? or it's just blank and the game doesn't care? I'm wondering if it's the 0 price that's the issue somehow.

I restored my save and edited again, and this time injected the item directly into my storage not via the store so i have the item now but curious what i maybe did wrong

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have installed the Clean Texture Pack by maniman303 on gamebanana which is a texture pack but that's about it!
for reference im on a CFW 2DS XL so im using checkpoint to dump and reload my saves after editing with the save editor.

What part of the editor sets the price for items in stores or the original owner? or it's just blank and the game doesn't care? I'm wondering if it's the 0 price that's the issue somehow.

I restored my save and edited again, and this time injected the item directly into my storage not via the store so i have the item now but curious what i maybe did wrong
A texture pack shouldn't have any effect on anything but the texture you are overriding.

I think you're right that the 0 bell price is probably the issue. I personally am used to spawning items through Vapecord, so I don't really know how to help out otherwise. I would highly suggest using it, though. It is extremely easy to run, and I rarely have issues with it outside of the aforementioned inventory bug where I need to periodically clear my pocket inventory because some blank slots become occupied with invisible items that you cannot interact with.

tinyumbrellas

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A texture pack shouldn't have any effect on anything but the texture you are overriding.

I think you're right that the 0 bell price is probably the issue. I personally am used to spawning items through Vapecord, so I don't really know how to help out otherwise. I would highly suggest using it, though. It is extremely easy to run, and I rarely have issues with it outside of the aforementioned inventory bug where I need to periodically clear my pocket inventory because some blank slots become occupied with invisible items that you cannot interact with.
I haven't used vapecord before, idk why i draw the line at that kind of easy cheat but i kinda like for editing my island to suck so im forced to take my time and enjoy it a little, ahah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol