ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Mikka0308

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now 4 hours from the original post nothing is showing up in my town that I am hacking into it. I spent two hours trying various different things including a different unhacked town, on a different cartridge and nothing worked. It worked the night before and the original post so someone please help me!

Reactions: seikooo

Mr_Persona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out a new bug. Everytime you change your house fence it won't show up in game. It only shows the default fence which is sad. But so far I give this editor 10/10, it's very simple to use even though there could be one problem.

Mr_Persona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
News update. I'm not sure if this is even supposed to happen, but when you fill your catalog up, I get a few same items named "???" when its supposed to be named cow skull, and I get the same item 3 times on the list in my catalog.

Reactions: Maxouille

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way at all to get Timmy and Tommy to the final upgrade with save editing?
According to the Animal Crossing wiki:
To upgrade to T&T Emporium, the player must spend at least 100,000 Bells at T.I.Y., complete four Gracie Fashion Checks and have the store open for at least 30 days. Gracie will not appear at the town plaza until the player has spent over 70,000 Bells at T.I.Y.

whataboutism

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello! i have found what i believe to be a glitch - my stone bridge is now impossible to cross, and attempting to do so allows my character to go slightly further than the river bank, however, they clip through the actual bridge, not following the curve of the path, eventually reaching an invisible wall that stops them in their tracks. this is my only bridge and it is a little frustrating. the bridge was not modified or altered in any way, the issue began after loading a save created with this exploit. i do have a backup, so there's no lasting problems, however i am a little sad that i can't use this tool to improve my village :( is ther any fix you know of?

D

Deleted User

Is there any way at all to get Timmy and Tommy to the final upgrade with save editing?

Firstly, I have to apologise for plugging other Applications in this Thread, but since I also came here by Search the first time, I feel it may help others in the future.

I don't know whether you've found your answer or not, but here is what I've found after playing around with it the last month.
There basically should be three Applications that you're using to edit ACNL :
  • Checkpoint in Homebrew for Save Files
  • LeafEdit in Homebrew mostly for Town terrain
  • ACNL Vapecord Public Plugin in the ACNL Game for everything else

The easiest way to get the Homebrew Applications is to use the revamped Universal Updater; inside its Universal DB you'll also find the ACNL Vapecord Public Plugin; you'll probably need to read their Wiki to find out what you want.

Once you've started ACNL and see the Vapecord Intro Screen, you can use the Select button to get into the Menu within your game.
There you can automatically Upgrade Stores and more.

• Love
Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

Alegria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I've used your editor several times successfully, but today something is wrong.
Your editor starts by saying this:
upload_2021-5-29_21-11-23.png

and I suspect that's the source of the problem because if I don't change anything else, I just save this and reinject it in my console, the game says it's corrupted.
I'd be very thankful to anyone who could solve this.

update: I made another savefile from the start and I went wild with the edits, but the save isn't corrupted at all, the original savefile I'm trying to edit and that does that problem works fine, I really think it's the building counter and I have no idea why it does that. Actually, if I open the sav file with your editor, accept the building count edit and save, then open that file with your editor, it says the file is invalid so I'd say it's definitely a bug from your editor. Additionnally I tried two editors that are directly in the 3ds, but they are way less practical, and they both make functionning files. Leafedit works fine but is less pratrical with map editing and I would like to move my river, so the bridge too, which is why I need your tool. I've been even further in my game but your editor keeps reducing the amount of buildings of two, what is it trying to erase?

here's the file that causes the editor to change the building count: garden_plus.dat

and this is the file that your editor makes: garden_plus.dat

I started a new game and this file here is what I edited: garden.plus.dat. I don't get what's wrong, I did succeed before! And I'm respecting all the advices about two rocks etc., in fact I'm putting the same amount of items!

EDIT: I figured it out! The editor's bug is related to the houses of alt characters! If you create other players than the mayor it happens, but the houses are still on the map of the editor so it's really weird! But if I delete my alts in the game's menu, then upload my save to the editor, it still says it deletes buildings, but I can change things, then use that file on my console without any error message.

It could be nice to fix that bug though, if LeafEdit can edit a save file with alts without corrupting the save, yours should be able too.

Last edited by Alegria,

umbalaxibua2811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is there anyone help me ? I unlocked all projects by file .DAT to do day by day. I did 2 projects, but after firework festival, Annabelle can't load any projects except train station and Town hall. Villager requied me some projects but it not show also. How can it be normal ? Thanks a lot.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • Love
Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

Mr_Persona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be easier to use JKSM or checkpoint to extract your save. Use https://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ to open the garden.dat and remove the flowers you dont want. Save and reinject the savefile.
well i decided to reload in the last save where it didn't have the flowers in the river. Didn't lose that much progress. I just wanted to know how to remove flowers in general without having to replace it with another object.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
well i decided to reload in the last save where it didn't have the flowers in the river. Didn't lose that much progress. I just wanted to know how to remove flowers in general without having to replace it with another object.
Right click on an empty tile.
Left click on the item (flowers in this case) you want to remove.

coffeecat

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The anniversary of my town creation seems to have disappeared

I entered the game on the day I was supposed to and nothing happened, instead my character stumbled all day, I've been trying to change the creation date of the town but it does not happen nothing, does anyone know what i can do?

Last edited by coffeecat,

seikooo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi i have a bug on the editor.. i respect the rules but when i save and put it the save doesn't exist anymore ? and i don't know why so i just edited one thing to see if its work and i have the same problem... if someone can help me i'll be grateful ( discord: Unval#0159)

ACNLplayer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have used this editor in the past and it worked perfectly well. But I have an issue: as soon as I move a building on the editor, while I'm dragging it on the map or using the coordinate to move it, it creates an invisible duplicate on the tiles I dragged the building through. I have to find them and remove them manually after each time I moved a building. But I occasionally miss them as it's tricky and it takes quite some time to check every single tile to see if there's an "invisible building leftover" there, and if I miss one, the game crashes at the start. If anyone knows a way to fix it, I'll appreciate it a lot!

MayorCupcake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since using the save editor for the first time (I have used it multiple times now) my Custom Sign and Custom Standee have had their designs synched. I did not mess with either of these PWP. Can anyone explain what may have caused this glitch and/or how to fix (without booting an old save; I've done too much work to go back now)?

I have tried demolishing and rebuilding my Custom Sign (in game, not using the save editor) but the glitch remains.

hansplayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I played acnl and got on the online island where I clicked on a badge of a hacker. My game closed itself and my new 3DS XL shut down. I restarted the game and in a red box it said that my savefile is corrupted and has to be deleted. I followed a YouTube tutorial on how it could be fixed, I created a backup of my corrupted save and tried to insert the "garden_plus" file in the acnl Save Editor but got the message "Invalid AC:NL savegame file" (The plan was to start a new game and switch the NAND value of the new save with the corrupted one). Could anyone please help me with this problem, it would be pretty sad to delete the save I created 8 years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist