ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Please keep this topic to talk about the editor. This is not the place to talk about your game not loading or broken savegames.

* Also, stop PMing me asking when the editor will be ready. Thank you.

* I have already it working for the new format (missing a few features though), but there still a lot to do.

* RAM support may come at a later point.

---

Can anyone help datamining the new item list and villager list?

How would I help? I have Luma running on New 3DS. Is there anything I can do?

osakasys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max
Hey, thanks for working on this. I have a question about the checksums. How do you figure out where the offsets for the checksums go? Also how long they need to be? How did you figure out where those are and how long they are? I'm maintaining Pocket-NLSE and I'm also trying to figure out the format. Help is definitely appreciated.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about one of the features of the editor.

The "Players" tab has a section with the layout of each room/items in it. I had never used this feature before but I assumed it could be use for decorating rooms via the editor. However when I tried editing a room this way I was able to change the wallpaper but everything else stayed the same way. Am I doing something wrong?

I also tried using this feature with a room that I filled up with junk. Tried clearing out the items but once I injected the changes the items were still there. Saved and quit to see if it would make a difference but nothing

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about one of the features of the editor.

The "Players" tab has a section with the layout of each room/items in it. I had never used this feature before but I assumed it could be use for decorating rooms via the editor. However when I tried editing a room this way I was able to change the wallpaper but everything else stayed the same way. Am I doing something wrong?

I also tried using this feature with a room that I filled up with junk. Tried clearing out the items but once I injected the changes the items were still there. Saved and quit to see if it would make a difference but nothing
Are you editing the save file exported with something like JKSM or are you using browserhax RAM injection? Editing houses doesn't work with the latter, iirc.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose if anything you could see if Nook would buy it, unless you have important stuff.

(assuming you're updating)
nook would buy what now?

And yeah, even though my town is ruined, my houses are pretty amazing and I'd be really sad to lose them. I spent a lot of time upgrading and furnishing them.

The major issue I have with using the map editor is that it doesn't do a good job of defining building sizes the way Wild World's Map Editor did. The map editors for New Leaf just show a single unit icon, whereas in Wild World, the programmer did an amazing job of having a red unit for the seed and light red for whatever displacement the building caused, making it easy to see how close was "too close". Unless I'm doing something wrong or not using a very good editor (http://www.marcrobledo.com/apps/acnl-editor/)

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on it!
I'll probably drop RAM support once for all, though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW... Did anyone notice any hacked thing (TPC pic, buildings, floating furniture in rooms...) removed from his/her game?
In my town, Ankha's pyramid is clipped in between the room and the black abyss.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you editing the save file exported with something like JKSM or are you using browserhax RAM injection? Editing houses doesn't work with the latter, iirc.

Oh thank you. I was trying to do it via RAM injection. That explains a lot. I'll convert the file and try it that way :)

Would be cool if the editor had an export/import room feature. I'm actually remaking the rooms from my old town/save file so it would be a nice feature to have.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the editor's patched to support the new update, is there any chance that there could be a feature added to unlock Cyrus, Shampoodle, Kicks, and other things that aren't unlocked yet?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by Seriel,

osakasys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change my town name from a save dump?
I tried doing it with a hex editor, and followed this -> http://descrossing.tumblr.com/post/115121650162/changing-towncharacter-names-in-acnl
But everytime I do it I get it saying the save is corrupted.

I'm using SVDT to dump and inject the save, on 11.2 Luma, with updated ACNL
That guide was probably written before the update. The offsets are different now and also the checksums will be written differently too. You're going to have to wait until we figure this all out.

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1