ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Mtio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can this not be done with canadian cartridges / downloads? I've been trying to create a back up but a acnlram.bin file is never created.

peyyue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I didn't find a thread for map editor, so I guess I'll just ask here if that's okay. I tried to edit my map slightly (I removed the re-tail pavement and replaced it with a pond. I also edited the river curves a bit) and when I injected the save, nothing changed. I put my edited map on ram editor and all the changes showed up, just not in game. I'm not sure what else to do as I've already cleared my browser history, injected multiple times and tried changing only one thing.
Also, is it really possible to make a save file of someone else's dream town? :\ Thanks!

Reactions: derteufel

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I didn't find a thread for map editor, so I guess I'll just ask here if that's okay. I tried to edit my map slightly (I removed the re-tail pavement and replaced it with a pond. I also edited the river curves a bit) and when I injected the save, nothing changed. I put my edited map on ram editor and all the changes showed up, just not in game. I'm not sure what else to do as I've already cleared my browser history, injected multiple times and tried changing only one thing.
Also, is it really possible to make a save file of someone else's dream town? :\ Thanks!

You can copy a dream town no problem :)

Did you re-name your dump file?

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay I see, thank you!
Are you referring to the dump file I made before I used map editor? I'm not quite sure what you mean but I renamed all of my save files!

I mean, did you rename the save file you're trying to inject? If it has a different name in your SD Card then maybe the injector can't locate it/make the changes.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After you inject, you have to go inside a building (NOT one you're moving), and back out -- I typically use train station, for instance. Then, the changes will be seen. Buildings which have moved will be "shadow copies" as in they will be able to be walked-through, but then you save and quit, reload your mayor, and they become permanent.

I think that's the solution to the problem you're having, anyway.

peyyue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After you inject, you have to go inside a building (NOT one you're moving), and back out -- I typically use train station, for instance. Then, the changes will be seen. Buildings which have moved will be "shadow copies" as in they will be able to be walked-through, but then you save and quit, reload your mayor, and they become permanent.

I think that's the solution to the problem you're having, anyway.

I was inside the train station when I was injecting, so I'm really confused as to why it didn't work :(
-----------------------------

EDIT: I just made a fresh save dump file and just removed a few flowers on Ram Editor. When I injected the new save file and proceeded to walk out of the train station, nothing changed!!! It was working perfectly fine before, and ever since I map editor, nothing is changing. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Mtio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was inside the train station when I was injecting, so I'm really confused as to why it didn't work :(
-----------------------------

EDIT: I just made a fresh save dump file and just removed a few flowers on Ram Editor. When I injected the new save file and proceeded to walk out of the train station, nothing changed!!! It was working perfectly fine before, and ever since I map editor, nothing is changing. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I was having a similar problem, changing my map and no change happened, I got the green screen after injecting, but no change, I just saved my game, and re loaded, and the changes were there.

peyyue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was having a similar problem, changing my map and no change happened, I got the green screen after injecting, but no change, I just saved my game, and re loaded, and the changes were there.

I tried to save and reload many times, but nothing appears :(

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I'm reading in your posts, you're injecting them while you're inside. It worked on a friend's copy when he was outside and started the injection.

Or maybe you didn't actually replace the acnlram.bin in the root of the SD card. When you click "Save" in the editor, your web browser downloads it, not re-writing the BIN file in the root.

devmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it's possible to use this to move a save game from digital to physical?

Like, open the digital game, dump the RAM.
Then open the physical game, then inject.

I haven't really tried the editor yet, so I'm not sure which parts of the game gets dumped and inject (like the layout and villagers and items in the locker)

peyyue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, let me explain my situation in more detail because I am so confused right now.
I have both a mori.bin and acnlram.bin save file, and every time I dump a acnlbin save, I also use LeafTool's save back-up to make a save as well. Then I insert my SD card to my laptop and make copies of both the mori and acnlram files and re-name them accordingly.
I dump my saves outside, and inject my new saves inside the train station. Also I only use LeafTools for the save back-up as an extra back-up because I'm paranoid like that lols. Everything worked perfectly up until I played with the map editor. I don't know if this is useful information, but I put my laptop to sleep while I was in the map editor program. Anyway, after I finished editing my map (I just edited the river slightly and removed retail+town hall pavement), I proceeded to inject inside the train station. Nothing changed when I went out, BUT the changes show in the RAM editor.. so basically I can't see any changes in-game.
I then replaced the acnlram save with a pre-map edit save, and injected that. I went on RAM editor and removed some flowers, and after injecting the new save, there are STILL no changes in-game!

My question is, if I replaced the acnlram save with a pre-map edited save, do I also have to do that with the mori save (which probably contains the map edits)?
Did I break something in my game?? I already inserted a backup that was before I used map editor.. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you!

edit: I used to sometimes get the green flash but I don't get it at all now, whether it be the LeafTool save or RAM dump/inject. It only crashes and errors.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it's possible to use this to move a save game from digital to physical?

Like, open the digital game, dump the RAM.
Then open the physical game, then inject.

I haven't really tried the editor yet, so I'm not sure which parts of the game gets dumped and inject (like the layout and villagers and items in the locker)

Yeah, its possible to do it. I did this with my digital copy, but had to dump the data via dream address because my digital game is on an updated 3DS. Should also work if you dump the data as you normal would though.

Town looks exactly the same, same villagers, same map, my encyclopedia, catalog, inv and locker are also fine. But streetpass houses didn't carry over

Okay, let me explain my situation in more detail because I am so confused right now.
I have both a mori.bin and acnlram.bin save file, and every time I dump a acnlbin save, I also use LeafTool's save back-up to make a save as well. Then I insert my SD card to my laptop and make copies of both the mori and acnlram files and re-name them accordingly.
I dump my saves outside, and inject my new saves inside the train station. Also I only use LeafTools for the save back-up as an extra back-up because I'm paranoid like that lols. Everything worked perfectly up until I played with the map editor. I don't know if this is useful information, but I put my laptop to sleep while I was in the map editor program. Anyway, after I finished editing my map (I just edited the river slightly and removed retail+town hall pavement), I proceeded to inject inside the train station. Nothing changed when I went out, BUT the changes show in the RAM editor.. so basically I can't see any changes in-game.
I then replaced the acnlram save with a pre-map edit save, and injected that. I went on RAM editor and removed some flowers, and after injecting the new save, there are STILL no changes in-game!

My question is, if I replaced the acnlram save with a pre-map edited save, do I also have to do that with the mori save (which probably contains the map edits)?
Did I break something in my game?? I already inserted a backup that was before I used map editor.. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you!

edit: I used to sometimes get the green flash but I don't get it at all now, whether it be the LeafTool save or RAM dump/inject. It only crashes and errors.

Could you share the bin file with us?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/5OVdoTDuKT0?si=Tm0Acnbg7xXWv6L6