ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

McHueHue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well stupid me I didn't even realize monday was labor day. Actually I think the problem was either my house or the town tree being too close to the plaza when events are held. So whether redd has his tent up or isabell is standing there, me thinks it causes the crash. Just to be safe I moved the billboard back to its original spot by the train station. And I tt 3 days so far nothing crashes.

So I guess basically if your edit-happy like me, don't mess with the town plaza ;)
Thanks for the save editor, besides this problem which was my fault, it works flawlessly for the number of times I edited my town.

Reactions: marc_max

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi marc_max, is there a way to delete a villager from the town? I was moving some face cut-put standees and I ended up having a "ghost villager", everything says it's in my town but it's house or him are "fiscally" absent. An sadly I don't have a backup from before the edit because I thought it moved from the town because of some time travel I did.

mayoramber

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i downloaded save_manager but it doesnt show up in my tubehax. ive been trying everything now for three days but it still wont work. am i doing something wrong?do i have the good file? i tried putting it in my 3ds map on my SD card and just in the SD card but nothing works :(

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@marc_max , I've been using your improved editor with success. "Remade" my town with almost everything that I wanted, even with the acres designer. But I have one question, sorry if this was answered before - there's any way to fill the empty slots (where buildings, rivers were before editing) with grass through your editor?
Currently I have a lot of places with empty soil at my town, due to the editing...

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
No, the files that you had to download and then you had to do the inject stuff.

It was like all the dump and inject files (about 4 or 5 of them) in a folder.
No, just two files were needed: acnldump.bin and acnlinjc.bin

But I still don't understand why you want those files. You can do it without them!
The old bit.ly URLs were just a shortcut for a longer URL. I can make new URLs for the new method if you really want it, but saving them as bookmarks is a lot faster.

Bridget Maher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill just try it without the files but didn't you have to download the folder and then copy and paste it onto the root of your SD card and then scan the QR code, put it back in, edit your town, put it back in the 3DS and the inject QR code?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so I didn't read all the way down on the instructions >.<
So I tried it, and the links aren't working for putting them into my 3ds
I put in the whole link and it took me to the instruction page.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Ill just try it without the files but didn't you have to download the folder and then copy and paste it onto the root of your SD card and then scan the QR code, put it back in, edit your town, put it back in the 3DS and the inject QR code?
No.

The very first version needed just two files: acnldump.bin and acnlinjc.bin. The folder was the sourcecode, which was not obviously needed to dump and inject. Indeed, the instructions told you to copy just those files.

Some weeks after the first release, we switched to the QR method, which didn't need those files anymore. And yes, that was explained in the instructions too.

In order words, if duke_srg's server is up right now, the QR method should still work, regardless of you have the files in your SD or not.
And the old bit.ly URLs should work too if you still have the files in your SD (only if you have the latest ones, since the oldest ones are not supported anymore).

That's why I don't understand why do you want the files lol. But hey, take them anyway if you want to collect digital useless junk:
(right click and save as...)
http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/rop/acnldump.dat (rename to acnldump.bin)
http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/rop/acnlinjc.dat (rename to acnlinjc.bin)

Anyway... You should use the newest RAM hacking method to ensure you always get the latest RAM compatible dump.
It just takes a few minutes to configure, but then it becomes faster and safer than the old bit.ly and QRs methods.

Bridget Maher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im such a noob at this whole thing lol...

So I got the links for the new RAM update working but after I did all the remove the -remove- thing from the links and then opened up my game and clicked on the link it just stays on the downloading thing. The:

Downloading ROP file acnl.dat: OK

Thing, it hasn't done anything for the past 5 minutes,
is there anything i should try doing to get it to work?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max I just realized that you mostly needed border tiles, like left and right. I'm not sure if the game has these, because they arnt shown on the map.
The editor is looking better everytime I see it. I'm thinking it might be useful to have a small overlay on river acres to show what direction the water flows in

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
@marc_max I just realized that you mostly needed border tiles, like left and right. I'm not sure if the game has these, because they arnt shown on the map.
The editor is looking better everytime I see it. I'm thinking it might be useful to have a small overlay on river acres to show what direction the water flows in
Yeah, I figured that. Thanks anyway :-) Had to make my own thumbnails.

Is there any chance of adding the unlock all public works function from NLSE?
https://github.com/kwsch/NLSE/search?utf8=✓&q=PWPUnlock&type=Code

Thank you for the editor, it's nice to be able to change up my town and make it look nice for when others visit.
I'll take a look at it :-) I just want to be sure it doesn't break anything.

damin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to unlock the maxed out Nooks/Shampoodles, or the rest of main street? I'm just getting back into the game and I'd rather not wait so long to get so much again.
Thanks in advance for a response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4