ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

xmerelxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I wanted to inject and dump a file, but when I used the links it says : communication error :/
I have version 9.0.0 and I use the ram editor

Abandon3dRain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the forum for the usuaris ram editor? I need some help, I have firmware 9.5.22u (supported) and ive been using ram editor for a few months to help me move things around, However when I went to try and dump my save file today it said that it was an invalid adress and if i wanted to reenter the adress and try again, Please help me. Did they get it patched? If so how? And what can I use now in order to edit my town??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I wanted to inject and dump a file, but when I used the links it says : communication error :/
Yeah i got the same thing.

Abandon3dRain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you inject house exteriors onto a villager's house using the RAM hacking method ? anyones help would be appreciated (:
Ah hey does the ram editor, im assuming this is the one you use http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/ has it been working for you? dumping and injecting?

You won't get banned. You can't be bricked either.
Oh maybe you can help, Has the ram editor been working for you? dumping and injecting?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hey does the ram editor, im assuming this is the one you use http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/ has it been working for you? dumping and injecting?

Oh maybe you can help, Has the ram editor been working for you? dumping and injecting?

I don't use this editor anymore, I've written my own which has some more features, but I don't plan on publishing it quite yet. So sorry, I can't answer your question.
Dumping saves works just fine with homebrew, and injecting them works fine too. If it doesn't work, either your save manager is broken or your save is corrupted. If your save says it's invalid and needs to be deleted, more than likely you edited it manually or the editor you used didn't fix the secure value which anti-cheat games have.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there any way to edit save in 10.5 ?

With PC, or, better, without PC, with homebrew, like PCHex for Pokémon...

My goal is to add bells to my bank account !

thank you

At the very least, you need a breakpoint to access homebrew before you can do anything. If you can't access homebrew, you can't edit. Back in the day, all you needed was the old browser (9.2 and below), and you could use ramhacks from there. But now you can only do save editing on high versions.

If you're on 10.5 and don't have OoT with a save dongle or you don't have cubic ninja, you'll need to downgrade. Luckily for you, an awesome user figured out how to use memchunkhax on 10.5 and 10.6 which is a pretty big deal since most people assumed it wouldn't be possible for a while, yet it was done just a month or so after the previous exploit.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-version-10-5-homebrew-and-10-6-downgrade.418045/

do we have a more modern easier way to do this? Im sick of working off my loan :cry:

Unfortunately editing the house manually to upgrade it breaks Tom Nook's upgrades system, so it's not safe. That said, the editor which I am going to publish in a week or so has an experimental tab where it will be available.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, you need a breakpoint to access homebrew before you can do anything. If you can't access homebrew, you can't edit. Back in the day, all you needed was the old browser (9.2 and below), and you could use ramhacks from there. But now you can only do save editing on high versions.

If you're on 10.5 and don't have OoT with a save dongle or you don't have cubic ninja, you'll need to downgrade. Luckily for you, an awesome user figured out how to use memchunkhax on 10.5 and 10.6 which is a pretty big deal since most people assumed it wouldn't be possible for a while, yet it was done just a month or so after the previous exploit.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-version-10-5-homebrew-and-10-6-downgrade.418045/

Unfortunately editing the house manually to upgrade it breaks Tom Nook's upgrades system, so it's not safe. That said, the editor which I am going to publish in a week or so has an experimental tab where it will be available.
I just want to hack in the required coins to pay is that safe?

redbunnyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to hack in the required coins to pay is that safe?
Yes it's safe. I did this a couple weeks ago and it worked 100% ok. No chance of brick or anything like that.

Which link?

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank god i can get my house back after deleting my save so long ago. just need to wait for a method i can use to get it done also how do i go about getting the data from my game?

Still need access to homebrew to do anything hacking-related.
Im using rxCFW 10.6 Emunand

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god i can get my house back after deleting my save so long ago. just need to wait for a method i can use to get it done also how do i go about getting the data from my game?

Im using rxCFW 10.6 Emunand

Great, then you'll have no problem using the coin hack or save editors. You won't get banned, bricked, etc..

If you have an old save, you can restore it simply by replacing the secure value on it with a new save's secure value and playing. There's a tab at the end of this editor which has the secure value, just copy it from the new save, load the old save, and paste it over the old one. Then load it up and you're good to go. Make sure the new save is the most recent save, from this day!

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Great, then you'll have no problem using the coin hack or save editors. You won't get banned, bricked, etc..

If you have an old save, you can restore it simply by replacing the secure value on it with a new save's secure value and playing. There's a tab at the end of this editor which has the secure value, just copy it from the new save, load the old save, and paste it over the old one. Then load it up and you're good to go. Make sure the new save is the most recent save, from this day!
what do i dump my save with though?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do i dump my save with though?

You'll need an application on your 3DS like SaveDataFiler, JK's save manager, etc. There are a bunch in the '3DS Homebrew' section. I believe SaveDataFiler is one of the most popular because it's an application from the official Nintendo 3DS Dev Kit. It also imports saves, and allows for multiple slots if I remember correctly.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You'll need an application on your 3DS like SaveDataFiler, JK's save manager, etc. There are a bunch in the '3DS Homebrew' section. I believe SaveDataFiler is one of the most popular because it's an application from the official Nintendo 3DS Dev Kit. It also imports saves, and allows for multiple slots if I remember correctly.
If a game has pretection can savedatafiler still import or is it jk save manager that does that?

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi, thanks for the answer !

Things changed, i'm now on 9.2 after a downgrading, currently installing rxtools on my o3ds.

So now i can use ram injection, yes ? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sorry i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin