Animal Crossing New Leaf Signs are in Japanese Luma3DS

Longing4NooklingJunction

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm playing a North American copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo on my New 3DS LL running Luma3DS and, while pretty much all the text is in English as it should be, all of the signs on Main Street and Re-Tail are in Japanese or are the Japanese version. I find that strange, seeing as this is not a Japanese copy. Some other Japanese formatting I've noticed: when given the option to name something the character limit is shorter as if the game is expecting Japanese characters, the default keyboard is Japanese, and the clock that pops up while idle shows am/pm on the left of the time.

So I'm wondering; why is this happening, and is there anything I can do to fix it? I find this pretty interesting honestly since I would expect the game to look and run as it would on a NA 3DS.

Thanks in advance!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Probably just made some things based on the system region and didn't bother to remove them between regions or such, though it is kinda odd that they'd do that since the 3DS is region locked... Maybe they were left in so that they show correctly when visiting a Japanese person's town?

You can probably fix it using Luma's locale emulation (can use LumaLocaleSwitcher for easier changing).

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably just made some things based on the system region and didn't bother to remove them between regions or such, though it is kinda odd that they'd do that since the 3DS is region locked... Maybe they were left in so that they show correctly when visiting a Japanese person's town?
Ocarina of Time 3D US version has the Japanese banner in it and it'll show if you put the cart in a Japanese system, but of course it doesn't actually run because of the region lock.

It's not a completely unheard of thing, I assume it's probably less work for them to just leave different language files and assets in since nobody would see them under normal circumstances, and they don't cause problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1