Anime based on video games

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It’s a fact that lots of popular video games (both Japanese and western ones) get anime adaptions. And since anime and video games are two of my favourite hobbies (after all, Japanese video games and anime shares lots of elements from each other) I made a list with anime based on video games.

Link for the list:
https://vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org/300.html

Last edited by Vetusomaru,

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are very few of these and they are terrible, it is better not even to look. It's only possible to make a good anime based on a manga.
Very few? Lol. Have you even checked the list? Also many of these anime are decent and some of them are great. Have you ever watched any anime of that kind? Furthermore many of them are faithful to the games. They even use the same Japanese voice actors with the games they're based on.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember watching some of the Persona 4 anime, but it didn't grip me. I had just completed the game, so it was almost like a rehash. The art and animation seemed pretty decent.

I remember both Devil May Cry and Bayonetta got anime adaptations, but I never watched them.

I thought I saw some news about Final Fantasy V having an anime (back in the day) that is currently being remastered.

I've never seen Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, but it apparently had a good run.

Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Super Mario Bros. had American and Japanese animations made with (extremely) varying results.

There was also that series about catching animals and storing them in red and white balls. I forget the name. "Pikaman," I think it was called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood