Anime Song

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When a song is truly great, the song survives on it's own merits. Frankly I love the Hare Hare song and many other popular anime tunes primarily as they are usually sung by cute young girls (live) or they are performed with accompanying anime video sequences featuring cute young girls.

If the Hare Hare tune had been done with 3 fat guys, it would not be so thrilling
smile.gif

It doesn't bother me that I like the tunes because of the cute girls though
smile.gif

I just recognize that the tunes are not in and of themselves alone all that great.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why do people call it anime song? These songs are made by bands, singer, etc. They are made not for the purpose of anime, like in america where they make theme songs for every show. I hate wen people say ooohh you're listening to bleach, and im like no you fucking fucktard, im listening to d-tecnolife by UVERworld. Bleach cant fucking sing because its a laundry detergent, so stop fucking saying naruto sounds good or bleach is a good song because its a song by japanese bands and they deserve to get the credit.
[/rant]
Sorry for this random rant, but yeah there are other thread like this.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dunno for some reason i enjoy songs alot more when they are from anime or something i know. For example i love almost every song in ouendan, and every opening for Bleach. However i started listening to the naruto openings a while back and the song discord satellite sucked when i first heard it. There was no video just a picture of the band and the song playing. Now that i saw it in Naruto for some reason i fell in love with this song. I agree it should not be called an anime song but anime should get credit for helping songs out.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
ENDscape said:
Why do people call it anime song? These songs are made by bands, singer, etc. They are made not for the purpose of anime, like in america where they make theme songs for every show. I hate wen people say ooohh you're listening to bleach, and im like no you fucking fucktard, im listening to d-tecnolife by UVERworld. Bleach cant fucking sing because its a laundry detergent, so stop fucking saying naruto sounds good or bleach is a good song because its a song by japanese bands and they deserve to get the credit.
[/rant]

Well actually anime has become so huge that some bands are really making songs JUST for animes.
Daybreaks bell(l'arc-en-ciel), O2(orange range) and Blue Bird(ikimonogakari) all come to mind.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Just putting this out there... Am I the only one that hates it when Japanese singers try to say stuff in English in their songs? I mean, they murder the language... then people get angry at Americans who try to speak Japanese, yet almost every Japanese song in our generation has some sort of horrible English lyric in there...

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Just putting this out there... Am I the only one that hates it when Japanese singers try to say stuff in English in their songs? I mean, they murder the language... then people get angry at Americans who try to speak Japanese, yet almost every Japanese song in our generation has some sort of horrible English lyric in there...
lol they like doing that. throwing in a random english phrase that doesn't make relate to the rest of the song just so they sound kool. though personally i don't mind

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Not the original OP, but it's a fav?
*bought the first DVD and gonna get more*

+

=
Best anime and ending song
tongue.gif

I want to see the anime of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm too lazy to figure out the order, the site I went to had the wrong order, I want to buy it.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
ENDscape said:
[/rant]

Well actually anime has become so huge that some bands are really making songs JUST for animes.
Daybreaks bell(l'arc-en-ciel), O2(orange range) and Blue Bird(ikimonogakari) all come to mind.
I do know that some bands make songs for anime to get more famous and such, but i just hate the fact that someone calls a song by the anime. That really grinds my gears.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
[/rant]

A reasonable rant.

I personally find it bothersome when a person goes on Youtube, patches together some dreadful image quality 2nd hand source anime clips, and then proceeds to dump an entirely theme unrelated, and certainly not complimentary non anime sourced tune onto the anime video content. All because the individual likes the anime (but not enough to treat us to decent video quality) and the song (even if it's a really unlikely match up), and thinks that makes the effort worthwhile to share.

To me, the term 'anime song' should mean, the song was actually officially released with that anime.
If the song is truly enjoyable, I usually try and locate it as the actual tune so I can play it without needing the anime playing in the process. To date I have only actually located one actual OST from an anime where I enjoy the entire sound track selection. That would be the OST for Air TV. To date the hardest tune (I wanted) to locate, was the opener for Zettai Karen Children performed by Karen Girls (who are not the voice actresses of the show and the shows other tunes). It's true the tune has a real name and actual real performers. But calling it a Zettai Karen Children song is not inaccurate.

I have found in a lot of cases, I 'discover' a song I tend to like, primarily from having heard it in an AMV creation. At that point, I can't really relate to the song without the AMV I watched it with. So while the song won't actually be an 'anime' song, chances are I won't much care about the original artist so much (beyond trying to figure out the real name of the song, and the actual real name of the artist that created it, so that I can find it).

I don't listen to too much Jpop or other common Japanese performing artists, as not speaking Japanese tends to make it mostly pointless.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
ENDscape said:
[/rant]

A reasonable rant.

I personally find it bothersome when a person goes on Youtube, patches together some dreadful image quality 2nd hand source anime clips, and then proceeds to dump an entirely theme unrelated, and certainly not complimentary non anime sourced tune onto the anime video content. All because the individual likes the anime (but not enough to treat us to decent video quality) and the song (even if it's a really unlikely match up), and thinks that makes the effort worthwhile to share.

To me, the term 'anime song' should mean, the song was actually officially released with that anime.
If the song is truly enjoyable, I usually try and locate it as the actual tune so I can play it without needing the anime playing in the process. To date I have only actually located one actual OST from an anime where I enjoy the entire sound track selection. That would be the OST for Air TV. To date the hardest tune (I wanted) to locate, was the opener for Zettai Karen Children performed by Karen Girls (who are not the voice actresses of the show and the shows other tunes). It's true the tune has a real name and actual real performers. But calling it a Zettai Karen Children song is not inaccurate.

I have found in a lot of cases, I 'discover' a song I tend to like, primarily from having heard it in an AMV creation. At that point, I can't really relate to the song without the AMV I watched it with. So while the song won't actually be an 'anime' song, chances are I won't much care about the original artist so much (beyond trying to figure out the real name of the song, and the actual real name of the artist that created it, so that I can find it).

I don't listen to too much Jpop or other common Japanese performing artists, as not speaking Japanese tends to make it mostly pointless.

Some people listen to Reggae music, and really, you have no idea what the hell they are saying but you like the beat and rhythm of the song. I guess that applies to any music you don't know the language to.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
GameSoul said:
Some people listen to Reggae music, and really, you have no idea what the hell they are saying but you like the beat and rhythm of the song. I guess that applies to any music you don't know the language to.

Lol no they don't. If reggae isn't understandable to you, it doesn't mean its not understandable for everyone else.
Kind of like the PA at the airport. Its way too hard to understand but hospital staff can get it like the PA was said by a person standing right in front of them.

I guess a better comparison would be OST's. There are no lyrics and you listen to it only because it sounds good.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Kiteretsu Encyclopedia Opening
Video is of a fan reworking, not the original opening but it's very similar
The song is available on THE iDOLM@STER MASTER ARTIST 03 Hoshii Miki
Track 04. Suimin Fusoku
Catalog Number COCX-34389

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.