puff1983

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is always sad when these senseless crimes happen but it gets aplified even more when it hits close to home. One of the now 7 confirmed deceased happened to be the sister of my very dear co-worker. Let me tell you that it is devastating to see any family suffering because of this.

Why this asshole did what he did, we may never know. I do know that those that lost their lives or were injured did not deserve this or anyone else who has ever had to go thru this.

As always, my sympathies go out to all families.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm from the U.S. and I am the first to admit the people here are very ignorant to the rest of the world and usually do not see or get the big picture. They are bombarded with celebrities instead of real news and brainwashed with tabloid trash.

This leads to hubris and self-importance in a lot of immature individuals thinking they, too, are like the stars in the magazines and on TV and that everything revolves around them. I will also be the first to admit that there are a lot, A LOT, of good - make that VERY good - people here. But that doesn't make for interesting news does it?

Not only do I 100% agree with you, you also have the best username and avatar ever.

Haha thanks! Your avatar brings back fond memories as well haha "NO TOUCHING!!"

Also to Maktub who said the problem isn't guns. It's half guns, half people. Like that saying "It takes two."

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
was talking about this at work today and wondered if the rest of the world has school/uni shootings, or is this basically a USA problem? i can only remember 1 in canada from the past 20 years (women engineers killed)

international members, are there shootings in your country?!

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
was talking about this at work today and wondered if the rest of the world has school/uni shootings, or is this basically a USA problem? i can only remember 1 in canada from the past 20 years (women engineers killed)

international members, are there shootings in your country?!
They have happened in the UK (Scotland....) but they are quite rare. I suspect that the problem in America with the school shootings is more to do with the amount of attention they receive. When a lot (not all) teenagers commit suicide they often leave some sort of 'dramatic' message that hope will leave mankind scarred for life, although more often than not nobody other than a few friends and family couldn't care less about some kid that killed them self. From the amount of attention that a lot of school shootings get, they will know that they give themselves loads of attention and make more people think about what they had done. TBH, if I was to commit suicide (not that I would) I would probably go for something 'dramatic', but not a school shooting (over done now). Maybe blow up a few town centres or a few royal establishments...

In summary, they are all a bunch of attention seeking emos.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe these are the final throes of the 2nd Amendment. The government's trial balloons for every transgression has been successful in curtailing rights, good sense and purchasing power. So they will soon just go for the last tooth in the commoners mouth. Then Americans'll be just like Brits, except with better skin tone and less pomp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1