zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
..snip...

What if Nintendo releases the Switch 2s as the Switch Go (handheld) and Switch Home (console). The games known as Switch 2 titles, but rather than a system that is a “hybrid” it’s the games that are switch-able aka completely compatible with both systems.
This so much!

I was thinking with the Switch Lite being $200, and given a home console Switch (w/o upgrades) would cost close to $100 (lack of HD touchscreen, dock, and miniaturization being enablers of that price) they might together be close to the $300 retail price of the all-in-one original.

This would allow Nintendo to market them together as a different type of Switch: one in which the user "switches" at the checkout instead of whenever, or maybe even buys them as a bundle. The advantage here is that each home/go unit is better suited to its purpose than what the all-in-one can offer - and are cheaper separately, of course. More choices.

Switch Go/Lite -- smaller portable, dpad, cheaper
Switch Home -- muuuch cheaper ($100-125), simpler setup (just a no-nonsense TV box, controller and A/C cord). This unit would be popular as a stocking stuffer/impulse purchase or something that kids would have a hard time breaking.

As for the topic at hand, 4chan has been accurate before but the $400 price of the home console is difficult to believe. That's a very un-Nintendo price. So my vote is #teamfake

Last edited by zoogie,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$100-150 no-screen Switch is very possible but its more of an end of life thing, like the Wii mini. Its aimed at regions with lower standard of living after they have squeezed all they can out of the developed world. As such there won't be any onus to get their act together on sharing stuff between systems, its Nintendo and you know they don't feel like putting in the effort.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this were true this means the switch would exist in a purely handheld form and then a more advanced purely home console... this kind of defeats the point of the "switch" in the name... right?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A former Big N employe states Switch 2 coming along with BOTW 2 in Jan of 2021 and will be a home console and feature 4k 60fps, makes you wonder what their plans will be.
Will it allow the game carts to work across both systems will it download 4k texture packs to the home system? What will it mean for the portable Switch going forward?

Makes me think it will be the WiiU 2 with the Switch acting like the gamepad but this time you can actually walk away and continue to play your games on the go

Also details about BOTW2 Spoilers

take this with a small grain of salt .. I only care about the possible effects it could have on the ecosystem :)

I hope so but again I hope that Nintendo learn something from Sony and XBOX to have 3rd part 100 percent supporting for better system. Nintendo still haven't learned anything since Wii U and now Nintendo Switch (weak) for 3rd party ported. I want AAA games and Nintendo Switch don't have it. Switch 2 with AAA games will be bless, hopefully.

Reactions: Teletron1

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inverse reporting info sourced by "some guy on 4chan" who claims to not know himself but to be in contact with a supposed ex-employee...

I don't think there's a grain of salt small enough for me to take

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the topic at hand, 4chan has been accurate before but the $400 price of the home console is difficult to believe. That's a very un-Nintendo price. So my vote is #teamfake

Anything is possible. One day, Nintendo might force us to buy $400 price and I hope they does because of 3rd partying. I rather not to buy ported to ported too much from Nintendo. It will only lead to Nintendo fail in the future. Nintendo needs to act together and accept it and force us to buy $400 price like Sony and XBOX.. That's why they are so successfully. Nintendo Switch only successfully because it is ... well, you know what it is. And jailbreak as well.

I think its time for Nintendo to force us to buy $400 home console so that 3rd partying will be able to support it better as well as PS5 and new next XBOX. Its time! Nintendo, dont bring Switch 2 (other weak system). Enough is enough.

Reactions: Teletron1

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the source, but at the same time, it makes one wonder: what is Nintendo gonna do about the PS5 and the WindowsBox Scarlett (how 'bout dat Windows 10X, btw!?)? I would think that they wouldn't just want to bend over and take it in the ass, but at the same time, if they do make some successor to the Switch, I would hope that they have some form of backwards compatibility. Considering that there's so many games coming out that I would like to see keep receiving support (Smash Ultimate getting a second season of characters that I always wanted, but thought it'd be impossible for Nintendo to get their hands on? *coughs in Terry Bogard* OK!), it'd be nice to be able to play all of the same games that people have already poured money and hours into (not to mention accessories, though improved Joy-cons that don't go drifting in Tokyo would be nice to debut with for a hypothetical Switch 2).

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
4K? Ummm... well, Nintendo either going crazy or the leak is kinda stupid and have no idea what Native 4K means.
Nintendo is far way behind the 4K tech.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Only morons will believe this, 4k 60fps.

With all the hot titles releasing close to each other, no way they will release in January. More like in the summer.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its very sad news that the suceess they had from portable put them back on home consoles.. It will probably back to low tier games on portable and all the high end stuff will be home exclusive. Many of us had a heads up about this from the leaks. I personally loved how they forced devs to port/work on portable versions of their game. This will be like the New3ds with exclusives... oh well.. remote play play/steam link ..probably back to my vita since android has major blutooth lag when streaming.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the source, but at the same time, it makes one wonder: what is Nintendo gonna do about the PS5 and the WindowsBox Scarlett (how 'bout dat Windows 10X, btw!?)?

PS5/NextBox are going to have slow uptake because they will sell for 500-600 and be backwards compatible with current gen. I think that means we have like 2-3 years of cross-gen games, which means the same handful of interested devs can downport their versions to Switch if they want. By the time everyone fully moves over we will be in Switch 2 territory, and that will not be a 500+ console so should have faster uptake.

The Switch's main appeal isn't going away with the next gen either. It's always been behind in power, but it still retains the advantage of taking it where you want. The real threat here is whether XCloud, PSNow or in-home streaming solutions ever take off and make those games similarly playable anywhere. I suspect the main barrier is that people still don't like carrying controllers for their phones, even though that is basically all the Switch itself amounts to.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol , I'm intrigued more about the home system and how and if it will work with the portable system
I've been suggesting to be able to use a secondary switch as a controller to a docked switch for proper wiiu game emulation so that would definitely interest me. but doubt it's real.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been suggesting to be able to use a secondary switch as a controller to a docked switch for for proper wiiu game emulation so that would definitely interest me. but doubt it's real.

That would be pretty clever if they actually did that, but then it'd kind of defeat the point of all of these Wii U por-sorry, ahem...I mean, "remasters!"

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been suggesting to be able to use a secondary switch as a controller to a docked switch for for proper wiiu game emulation so that would definitely interest me. but doubt it's real.
Nintendo has been thinking about this since the Game Cube/ GBA
I heard BOTW2 will have battle royale too.

Nintendo's been working on this prototype since the GameCube GBA days maybe 3rd times a charm :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol