Anti-PIRACY Six Strikes Law Starts Tomorrow???

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So the wordings and messages have been made at least for Comcast (and Verizon). A good article as the source, but here's the warning:

cas_alert1.jpg

Via Ars Technica

Ffff. MSNBC owns Comcast? Is nothing small business anymore?

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
So the wordings and messages have been made at least for Comcast (and Verizon). A good article as the source, but here's the warning:

cas_alert1.jpg

Via Ars Technica

I'm happy since this shit doesn't affect me in Abu Dhabi, actually I have been thinking of upgrading my internet connection to 300MBs and I was shitting bricks because of this.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what are they going to do for everyone who doesn't monitor their ISP given e-mail account, doesn't have access to it, lives in a building with a network and no ISP e-mail account, etc?

i read something about pop-ups at one point but now its all e-mail warnings that i'm reading about.

i keep thinking, what if that 1 person in the building ruins it for everyone. maybe its time for smart routing tables and routers with VPN bittorrent rules. there could be a market here for a 1 click solution.

-another world

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what are they going to do for everyone who doesn't monitor their ISP given e-mail account, doesn't have access to it, lives in a building with a network and no ISP e-mail account, etc?
According to Ars, it's a pop-up type thing with more info in the e-mail you've provided (or perhaps the ISP's e-mail service?). I'd imagine you can't go forward with your internet business if you don't click the "I understand"-button..

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
In good old Austria (NOT AUSTRALIA, we are south of Germany and gave you Schwarzenegger) downloading is legal. Everything. You want to know why? Because we have a special tax on Harddrives (we had those on CDs and tapes too) that goes directly to the copyright holders (as a flatrate, so to speak) that is actually quite low (just a few bucks yu pay more when you buy a new HDD).
So basically I can download pretty much everything and nobody cares.

Reactions: Engert

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you are so worried about privacy:

sae4.jpg
citysign.jpg

This stuff is what you are sending out to all the websites you visit.[/quote]

mac os x? century link? chyenne... as in WY? yeah...not even close.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In good old Austria (NOT AUSTRALIA, we are south of Germany and gave you Schwarzenegger) downloading is legal. Everything. You want to know why? Because we have a special tax on Harddrives (we had those on CDs and tapes too) that goes directly to the copyright holders (as a flatrate, so to speak) that is actually quite low (just a few bucks yu pay more when you buy a new HDD).
So basically I can download pretty much everything and nobody cares.
Good luck with that. Finland has the same kind of system (includes HDDs, Memory cards, DVDs, CDs, etc), but it's still illegal to download from an unauthorized source. Sure it'll end in the long run (or at least I'm hopeful), but there have been quite a few law suits in regards to downloading from "illegal sources".

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also waiting for a recommendation, because I moved in to my cousins' house, and I got a strike from their Verizon. It seems that videogame soundtracks are not safe either. :(

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks to be American, I know. This is supposed to be the land of freedom, too. :(

Right. Being American is unbearable...
Pretty sure the only shitty part of America when compared to the rest of the world is how fat I feel right now... Everything else just boils down to differing opinions and/or where your moral compass points. And you don't get hung or shot for that here, mostly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P