Hacking Any advantages of SwitchMe over Xecuter SX Pro?

Nickp2517

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The upcoming SwitchMe external dongle looks really good. Does it have any advantages over the SX Pro or are they roughly the same? If I already have the SX Pro is it worth buying the external SwitchMe dongle when it comes out?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
the only thing we know it uses a cr2032 coin cell Battery.
Pre-Launch Product Features:
  • Male usb C, female micro usb on the bottom, and a cr2032 coin cell on the bottom.
  • 3d print one, because tooling a case takes too much time and you need a huge order to even make it worth while.
  • Coretex m0+
  • Battery
  • On/Off switch
  • 2 USB ports
  • Easy drag and drop payload flashing

you could at least post in that thread instead
https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-rebug-announces-plans-for-a-switchme-external-dongle.513007/

the battery could make some problems in the customs.
2 usb ports means it's not small as SX Pro dongle.

but i like the idea of payload flashing, if i get it right, they means flash it with other payloads? if that true it it will be awsom
even if SX OS can let us boot to their boot, in the feature i rather boot to open source CFW when they become more relevant.

the only thing i don't like from what i am reading is this "3d print one", i don't like 3D print quailty overall, but we have to wait to see how good is that 3D print quality.

Last edited by aos10,
D

Deleted User

For those that really don't want to use the SXOS at all there's a boot.dat that boots hekate directly, and think I saw someone provide one for ReiNX. So SX Pro can boot any CFW really.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could argue that it isn't really designed to compete with the SX Pro at all. Rather, it's designed as a standardized payload injector modeled on the amateur Trinket mods people have been doing. It will most likely be a fair bit cheaper than the SX Pro, but it won't come with any sort of custom payload that is unique to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A