Not open for further replies.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that sucks that there will never be a softmod for the xbox 360

my friend did tell me the other that you can flash the disc drive then using a special burnt disc you could run games you installed to the hdd without needing the original disc

but im not sure if that is true

I think you can with the xkey. I've never owned one, so I don't know much about it.

Reactions: jamespoo

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
well that sucks that there will never be a softmod for the xbox 360

my friend did tell me the other that you can flash the disc drive then using a special burnt disc you could run games you installed to the hdd without needing the original disc

but im not sure if that is true

You can flash the DVD drive, some games can be iso modded, i remember with cod:WAW you didn't need to flash your drive, you could dump the disc, insert your mod menu, burn to DVD DL, you'd have to use disc swapping, and have the DVD drive disassembled, you'd install the real disc to hdd, then once it starts you'd swap out the retail with the burnt disc, it'll install from the burnt disc, for a non cfw dvd drive you'd still use the original disc to boot, I also remember modded Halo 3 maps, back in the USB xtaf days.... Some games can modded without homebrew, however any software exploit would be limited to the resources the hypervisor made available to the software that launched it

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone