Hacking Question Any way to completely remove LayeredFS and Atmosphere and all its data?

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
if we go to maintenance system and select restore factory setting i guess it should delete everything saves & logs..no?

hyjinx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if we didn't do a NAND Backup before using SX Pro and we want to get back to stock, is this the right process to stay clean or are we screwed if we failed to make a NAND Backup before ever introducing CFW? Do we have confirmation that factory reset gets everything?

1. Factory Reset
2. Backup NAND
3. Use CFW
4. Restore NAND
5. Use OFW

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So, if we didn't do a NAND Backup before using SX Pro and we want to get back to stock, is this the right process to stay clean or are we screwed if we failed to make a NAND Backup before ever introducing CFW? Do we have confirmation that factory reset gets everything?

1. Factory Reset
2. Backup NAND
3. Use CFW
4. Restore NAND
5. Use OFW
i guess this should be by far the best we can do right now

RapidRaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

1. Factory Reset
2. Backup NAND
3. Use CFW
4. Restore NAND
5. Use OFW
Don't forget step 0: Backup all savegames

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

1. Factory Reset
2. Backup NAND
3. Use CFW
4. Restore NAND
5. Use OFW
i guess this should be by far the best we can do right now
Don't forget step 0: Backup all savegames
Why tho? Is there something permanent which is left in NAND after SX?

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Why tho? Is there something permanent which is left in NAND after SX?

A lot of data that anyone knows ATM can be stored on the system and the N servers can ask the CFW questions that will have wrong answers on CFW and right ones on Horizon, until this is all figured out there is no safe way to restore unless a full system restore.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
A lot of data that anyone knows ATM can be stored on the system and the N servers can ask the CFW questions that will have wrong answers on CFW and right ones on Horizon, until this is all figured out there is no safe way to restore unless a full system restore.
I am asking if after applying the patch and rebooting, anything is left in NAND (because the patch is not permanent)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because why would you do this:
"1. Factory Reset
2. Backup NAND
3. Use CFW
4. Restore NAND
5. Use OFW
"
when it does not help anything.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been offline ever since I used LayeredFS so is there any way I can delete logs from the games I played, before I go online?

You can delete logs via a hekate tool, but I've read it doesn't clear everything, and if you received any errors at all by using LayredFS you will receive a ban, 100%. I've read quite a few posts from people here that recieved bans after using LayeredFS.

Maybe in the future one of the CFW dev's will create a way to redirect only the error logs to a dummy file on SD card, but it's too early for us to know what logs Nintendo is considering a bannable offense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4