Homebrew Anybody interested in testing homebrew?

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be interested in testing it and offering my feedback. The original Star Fox and Star Fox 64 are one of my favourite series, I really like the look of this game.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
The graphics have changed a little since the version of the game in the video. Some of the stages still retain the block shapes though and I've added optional waggle controls and cheats.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the Star Fox series as well. The only reason I am buying a 3DS is for the Star Fox 64 remake. I'll probably buy some other games as well but Star Fox is the main reason why.
This hoembrew looks pretty good. If you need testers let me know.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Any else interested in giving some feedback? Send me a PM or email me. It is basically as stable as it will get for this release. Only thing I've added over the weekend is a screenshot option.

All the controllers are constantly being checked, so you can use the Player 1 Gamecube controller, Classic Controller, Nunchuck and Wiimote at the same time to control the ship and game menus. Wavebird controllers DO NOT rumble!

I should probably explain how the controller menu options work;

INVERT UP: Changes the up / down direction of the controllers and joysticks. Doesn't affect the menu.

RUMBLE: disables rumble on the wiimote

DUAL STICK: whenever you are using the gamecube controler or the classic controler - this allows you to use the right stick to control the pointer that is on the screen.

POINTER: enables are disables the wiimote IR pointer option for targeting. When this is disabled you start to use the wiimote in a horizontal position (the directional buttons on the wiimote will switch). In horizontal mode 1 fires, 2 is for bomb, A selects the menu options and B cancels.

WAGGLE: waggle only works when this option is set to YES. Point the wiimote towards the screen (as if using the pointer) then tilt left, right, up or down to control the ship. Waggle does not work as expected when the wiimote is held horizontally. This mode is currently experimental. It will be easier to use this option if you set the pointer option to NO.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sorry, man. I just don't have that much time on my hands for any dedicated kind of support.

I hope you'll find your testers.
frown.gif

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
@Wever Its ok, no problem, 2 persons replied already but they seemed to have disappeared. I am mainly doing impression and play testing.

@kirbyboy PM sent

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
@kirbyboy, requested a score screen at the end of the stage and a story mode. These will be worked on for the next version, right now its all about the core game play and effect.

Its almost the end of the month. Final release coming in a couple of days.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
well major testing is basically done. I can't work on this anymore. Yall will just have to suck it up as it is.

@LightyKD mentioned that the waggle controls is a little slow. This will be fixed later when 2.5 comes out - IF it comes out. lol.

Collect yellow power ups to improve your firepower or use the cheats.

For those who still want to check it out before its released tommorow you can download it from here; http://www.box.net/shared/5khzitsz40t5gdvbfm4c (16mb)

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
StupidGamer1 said:
Does this game end or does it go on forever?

have you played it? it ends at level 16 in the red asteroid level. Technically you can play it forever because the points and upgrades carry over after the game ends. i.e. if you care about points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson