Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Basically, I have a page with a button. If a user clicks on that button, a timer has to start and after about XX seconds, a pop-up has to be shown, making it so that the user can't click on the website anymore, so, with just the pop-up focused. After another XX seconds, the pop-up will have to vanish.

Really hope someone can help me out with this, it shouldn't be that hard, but I don't know the first thing about PHP
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bitbyte said:
Basically, I have a page with a button. If a user clicks on that button, a timer has to start and after about XX seconds, a pop-up has to be shown, making it so that the user can't click on the website anymore, so, with just the pop-up focused. After another XX seconds, the pop-up will have to vanish.

Really hope someone can help me out with this, it shouldn't be that hard, but I don't know the first thing about PHP
smile.gif

You wont be able to do that with PHP - you will need javascript and flash id think.
most popups are blocked these days so its harder to get around them.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, been playing around with Javascript for a while, but I can't get it to stay focused though (so you can't click on the site unless you click on the pop-up).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The question then is how secure do you want it to be (obviously not a trivial bypass) but what about someone with adblock/noscript or someone with firebug/greasemonkey who knows how to use it?

Why not go steal look at something from one of those hosting sites or a mirror site, they often redirects with a timer which would suit your needs quite well from what you say.

As for specifics I can not really help you though, web coding is not my thing.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, I got GreyBox installed but I can't make the close icon disappear..

*edit, Okay, I tried with the other method, I really did. But it didn't work. If someone's interested in making this, I will make it worth their while. Just PM me to get a site where you see such a script live. I just need to make something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro