Gaming Anyone know how to dump save data from a DSIWare title?

Kolina2901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Been wanting to back some save data up in case my 3DS goes to shit, plus for emulators in the event MelonDS's DSI compatibility expands, I have Oregon Trail and Four Swords and would like to back the save data up, but I don't know where that is.

HomeStarRunnerTron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wrote a terrifyingly long post about my struggles putting games on my NAND for melonDS here. But it talks about backing up saves! : ) I don't know if it's different from 3DS, but for DSi, you dump your NAND, call it "NAND.bin", then decrypt it using the tools at the top of the thread I've linked to. Then you use OSFMount to mount your NAND as a removable drive, open up the "title" folder, open up the "00030004" folder, then look for your game's ID, which you can probably find here. Then, in the folder, there should be a "data" folder-- with a .sav file in there that contains your save information. : ) You would then put that save in the same directory in the decrypted NAND you'll format for melonDS, once again, using the tools in the thread linked. Hope that helps-- once again, it might be a slightly different procedure!

EDIT: If you jailbreak your 3DS, you can install Checkpoint to save out most savefiles-- for GBA VC files, you follow instructions here.

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme