ROM Hack Suggestion Anyone want to help me with what will be the most downloaded mod of all time

Melsbacksfriend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't flame me for this as I'm not asking for an unban method for a Switch, root for locked bootloaders on Android Oreo, or eshop on lower firmware on 3ds >= 11.4. Those are things people have flamed me for. I want help making a mod of Pokémon Sword and Shield that has all of the Pokémon. I need help because I don't want it to take a really long time. I know it'd require learning so much about the file types in the game, making cheats and maybe even things as hard as exefs edits. I know we can do it. I also want homebrew apps to transfer the Pokémon and an alternative online service. If you want to contribute, I'll put a link to a Google Drive folder on my website (melsbacksfriend dot github dot io). I forgot to mention that I want the ROMhacking programs to be available for not just Windows but also Ubuntu because one, it's my favorite OS and two, we need ROMhacking programs for Linux. Please help, I know many people will love our mod.

Reactions: Carlos_DobleC

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see anyone other than SciresM himself pulling off a massive mod like this.
You're right that it would take a high level of knowledge/experience, and that OP is guaranteed to not get anywhere with this.
The good news for you pokerman fans is that ScireM has actually shown interest in doing it. Best thing you can do (if you don't genuinely fall into the "high level of knowledge/experience" category) is just wait for that.

Last edited by hippy dave,
D

Deleted User

Those mods certainly would be nice, but probably wouldn't be worthwhile without more practical mods first (The god damn lags & 30fps limit is absolutely horrendous).

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, since all Pokémon can now be walking around in the tall grass instead of randomly appearing, it might need a good amount of animation work to get walking animations done for every remaining Pokémon unless you can take Pokémon just hovering over the air (well, I'd take what I get, honestly).

If there was a way to tie certain Pokémon to those exclamation mark encounters, you might be in luck, since those don't require a walking animation.

And that's the problem that comes AFTER actually getting those Pokémon into the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew