Homebrew Question Anyone working on a video player for homebrew Switch?

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't figure out why the Switch doesn't already support at least YouTube and Netflix, if not also including a media play. I suppose they're trying to reduce attack surface (lot of good that did them), but it seems like a huge oversight given how convenient it'd be to watch streaming video on the Switch, both docked and portable. IIRC this was all officially supported back in Wii days, at least Netflix (YouTube was at least possible through the browser).

D

Deleted User

well you can watch videos on a pc or phone so... why lol i'd rather have a youtube on the switch official or homebrew

Centergaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can watch videos on a pc or phone so... why lol i'd rather have a youtube on the switch official or homebrew

Seems that it's much more convenient on the Switch, IMO? Also, you can undock and dock if watching a video? If you don't like that then it's not for you I guess...

D

Deleted User

Seems that it's much more convenient on the Switch, IMO? Also, you can undock and dock if watching a video? If you don't like that then it's not for you I guess...
it sounds convenient but is it really worth the trouble?

D

Deleted User

edit: it sent twice due to lag

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well putting the video on switch would be weird because you could just watch it on pc or phone
it could make a good video player for like movies and shit but it would take long to transfer and some people just watch a video/movie once and never watch again idk.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: it sent twice due to lag

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well putting the video on switch would be weird because you could just watch it on pc or phone
it could make a good video player for like movies and shit but it would take long to transfer and some people just watch a video/movie once and never watch again idk.

A video player with DLNA support will be great - just streamed the video from your computer to the Switch (docked to the TV) and you pretty much have an Apple TV or Chromecast for free. Remove the Switch from the dock and you can continue watching the video like an iPad. After you've done your business at the toilet, put the Switch back to the dock and continue watching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mario Party Hiokers and Blow edition! +2