Hardware Aolion N-Switch extender?

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, been far far to long since I was last on this site.

So I was wondering if any one knew any thing about the company Aolion,I was recently sent a USB C extender for the Nintendo Switch that is this brand. And I have no clue if it is safe to use or not. The reason I have no clue is because I ordered a Fyoung Nintendo Switch USB C Extender off Amazon.ca and was sent a Aolion one instead. I am completely on the fence on if I should return it or not, I have tried to research into the brand but so far all I can find is its sold on Aliexpress and a few Chinesse websites. It did have good reviews on the Chinesse website asuming you can trust they are legit lol.

Please don't suggest a different dock shell, I have tried that and found they don't guide the switch in well enough for me to prevent me from damaging its ports.

Just curious on other peoples opinions, what they would do. And does brand or quality matter if its just a USB C extender?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, been far far to long since I was last on this site.

So I was wondering if any one knew any thing about the company Aolion,I was recently sent a USB C extender for the Nintendo Switch that is this brand. And I have no clue if it is safe to use or not. The reason I have no clue is because I ordered a Fyoung Nintendo Switch USB C Extender off Amazon.ca and was sent a Aolion one instead. I am completely on the fence on if I should return it or not, I have tried to research into the brand but so far all I can find is its sold on Aliexpress and a few Chinesse websites. It did have good reviews on the Chinesse website asuming you can trust they are legit lol.

Please don't suggest a different dock shell, I have tried that and found they don't guide the switch in well enough for me to prevent me from damaging its ports.

Just curious on other peoples opinions, what they would do. And does brand or quality matter if its just a USB C extender?
Got pics of this device?

Reactions: Prime_Zero

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, here are some pictures I took of the box and the product. The box was not sealed with tape or glue, so no issues taking it out.
Aolion N-switch.jpg Aolion N-Switch 2.jpg Aolion N-Switch 4 (1).jpg Aolion N-Switch 4 (2).jpg

dragon184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Fyoung one and it looks exactly the same as the one you are showing. Works fine. I think it's just a fancy USB extension cable. I now use the XCM Smart Dock case.
Ok then that's called re-branding they will be exact product no matter who's name is on it just as "legit" as the other branding

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shadow#1 - Ya I figured it was rebranding, just was not sure if this brand was as reliable as the Fyoung one.

@dragon184 - Ya it pretty much is a fancy one to work better with the original dock, I saw pictures of some one who took the Fyoung one apart and all it is is a USB C extender in a plastic case. You can pretty much buy any USB C extender and put in it.Dock wise I currently use the BASSTOP dock shell, thought it would help with the over heating which it did. But its not as good guiding in the switch as the original dock. So I have some slight damage to the area around my switches USB C port, and vice versa on the dock. Luckly I managed to repair it but i'll be ordering a new usb C connector for my dock some time in the future.

I just swap between docked and portable mode to much, to the point my switch is getting damaged, here are some pictures showing it. For some one like me I think the cable plug in is just the better option in life lol. Just need to change the dock back, luckly this one isn't to costly. If you zoom in on the dock, you can see how chewed up it is right now. Once I get my original dock and tools from the states i'll be replacing that part, for now I have not used the dock in months because of this.
Dock 1 (2).jpg Dock 1 (1).jpg

Last edited by Prime_Zero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...