gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last night, I threw together a set of 5 levels for one of my favorite DS homebrews, Aperture Science DS (also known as PortalDS) by @smealum, based on the Portal games by Valve.

My 5 levels are based on the glitches/bugs in the game, rather than platforming or clever use of portals. Because of this, most of these levels are rather straightforward in design.

The level names somewhat hint at what you're supposed to do. The level names are...

1. Terminal Velocity
2. Ambidextrous Speedwalker
3. Hole Through the Wall
4. White Ceiling
5. Dip Under the Sludge

This level collection is called "Unintended Mechanics" :D
Just put the .map files with your other maps, which should be in /asds/maps

Secondly, as smealum suggested in his readme for the game, please share levels here! Based on glitches or not, I'd love to see them :)
The game does work on TWLMenu++, I don't know how much it matters but I boot it with Direct Boot on and DSi Mode.

Attachments

• ASDS Unintended Mechanics.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 415

Half-Stories

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i used to make a lot of custom levels for this game. The editor is just amazing. I also made a small texture pack once that changes some models to look like Old Aperture. I had also made my own custom version of this that adds the gels (excluding the erasing gel) and even had the sticky gel but it was really buggy and crashed a lot. Absolutely love making levels for this game.

Reactions: banjo2

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i used to make a lot of custom levels for this game. The editor is just amazing. I also made a small texture pack once that changes some models to look like Old Aperture. I had also made my own custom version of this that adds the gels (excluding the erasing gel) and even had the sticky gel but it was really buggy and crashed a lot. Absolutely love making levels for this game.
Might you still have that lying around? Or the source code even?
Can you please share your Twilight menu settings? I cant seem to get it to work, it just white screens.
You need direct boot on, maybe some other settings I forgot, I'll check when I get home maybe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro