Android App ads question - Not sure

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The message said:

Everybody hates annoying ads, including us at "name app". In exchange for not seeing ads you can contribute some of your idle device's resources to keep our servers running, just click on "Remove ads". Your device will NOT be used for mining or storage purposes. None of your personal information will be accessed.

What does that mean ? I don't understand.

I don't have my personal information on my smartphone because I have two smartphones. One for personal purpose under my phone company for anywhere and one is for home used for wifi purposed to enjoy without any personal information on it. No phone company on it or anything. Empty.. just games app to downloaded through Wifi, only. None.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. I had missed that one sneaking into things on phones.

Anyway I am not sure what part you don't understand
"contribute some of your idle device's resources to keep our servers running" "Your device will NOT be used for mining or storage purposes" seems fairly obvious. They will probably either use some CPU to calculate things or some network to do peer to peer (though I imagine they would have had to state the latter). In exchange you don't have to either buy their ad free version or see ads in the free version.
As they mention idle device resources it will probably be running all the time at a low level rather than just when the application is actively open and being used.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I had missed that one sneaking into things on phones.

Anyway I am not sure what part you don't understand
"contribute some of your idle device's resources to keep our servers running" "Your device will NOT be used for mining or storage purposes" seems fairly obvious. They will probably either use some CPU to calculate things or some network to do peer to peer (though I imagine they would have had to state the latter). In exchange you don't have to either buy their ad free version or see ads in the free version.
As they mention idle device resources it will probably be running all the time at a low level rather than just when the application is actively open and being used.

So I should keep using ads instead ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I should keep using ads instead ?
Up to you. I don't know what kind of resources the service will try to use and whether you think the costs of such things (less charge time, possibly some bandwidth) outweigh the option to not see adverts in that program, and whether you might be able to disable adverts another way.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up to you. I don't know what kind of resources the service will try to use and whether you think the costs of such things (less charge time, possibly some bandwidth) outweigh the option to not see adverts in that program, and whether you might be able to disable adverts another way.

Thanks. I won't. I will stay with ads pop up from time to time.. Not much so I am fine with it, lol. As long as it is free. :)

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Everybody hates annoying ads, including us

Sounds dodgy as fuck to me. If they hate ads then they shouldn't be using that funding model in the first place.

Their other funding model sounds extremely dubious.

I'd personally try and find an alternative app if at all possible.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds dodgy as fuck to me. If they hate ads then they shouldn't be using that funding model in the first place.

Their other funding model sounds extremely dubious.

I'd personally try and find an alternative app if at all possible.

That's true. Since their app is free so they have to use ADS to keep it running for free. I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Duuh K3Nv2.. :O And SylverRez too :tpi::rofl2: