Apple becomes first publicly traded US company to reach $1 trillion market value

applfdgdfge-logo (1).png

Love them or hate them, Apple is a huge player in the technology market. On Thursday, the company managed to reach new heights, when they became the first ever American company to hit the trillion dollar threshold. Stock prices for Apple jumped nearly 3% in the previous quarter, pushing the individual share value to $207.39, which let the company make history. The business behind the iMac and iPhone and other array of "iProducts" beat competitors and other titans like Alphabet, Microsoft, and Amazon to be the first of them to get to that goal, though Amazon is close behind, and may reach a similar valuation soon.

Apple was founded in 1976, where Steve Jobs would go on to create computers to compete with Microsoft, and then take part in the smartphone revolution of the late 2000's. Their new CEO, Tim Cook, took over for Steve Jobs after his passing, helping the company's share prices grow to over 2000%.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't answer my question.
View attachment 138745

Without looking at the board online, what are these chips and capacitors and what are they for?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, some problems? No. These are literally build issues. These are examples of Apple outright lying.

If they are problems only "some" people had, why is it that Apple had to give recalls?

Are you saying other companies dont ever have recalls? Why are you singling out apple? Thats right you just dont like them and have a huge confirmation bias. Anyway, enough wasting my time with someone using two accounts and no real argument.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two accounts have we? Congrats at fixing stuff at your college.
No, I think you'll find that Maverick and I have disagreed on a lot in the past, and that if you asked a moderator to confirm IPs were different they'd see that they were (not that they'd tell you unless @MaverickWellington was also game, but I'm not particularly invested in proving any kind of identity to some guy online that's got his panties in a knot)

Although, while we're on the subject of IT, I'd like to add that while Windows software bugs made up the VAST majority of what we repaired, newer Macbooks were BY FAR the highest hardware failure rate we had coming in, and it was virtually always either overheating or water damage (because I guess people think they're waterproof due to their design and allow themselves to be more careless??)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying other companies dont ever have recalls? Why are you singling out apple? Thats right you just dont like them and have a huge confirmation bias. Anyway, enough wasting my time with someone using two accounts and no real argument.
Didn't you just complain about "putting words in people's mouths?"

I am never arguing that no company has recalls. I am saying that Apple is not what you claim them to be -- a company that creates sturdy, durable, and powerful products for cheap prices -- and when I point this out, you say "w-well what about other companies?"

Who brought up other companies? You did. They are literally not relevant here. We are talking about Apple. No one else. I'm not here to say any company is better, or worse by comparison. I am simply saying the company you are so religiously obsessed with is not worthy of such fanaticism. I have outright praised them for numerous things, but have also criticized them for many other things.

Your response?

That I just have two accounts.

Fucking amazing.

No, I think you'll find that Maverick and I have disagreed on a lot in the past, and that if you asked a moderator to confirm IPs were different they'd see that they were (not that they'd tell you unless @MaverickWellington was also game, but I'm not particularly invested in proving any kind of identity to some guy online that's got his panties in a knot)

Although, while we're on the subject of IT, I'd like to add that while Windows software bugs made up the VAST majority of what we repaired, newer Macbooks were BY FAR the highest hardware failure rate we had coming in, and it was virtually always either overheating or water damage (because I guess people think they're waterproof due to their design and allow themselves to be more careless??)
Oh yeah this too. Total and I were at each other's throats on debates about ISPs and corporate ethics. We're like, the total fucking opposite of the same person. For one, he's probably not a Daikatana apologist like I am. Small example, but huge difference.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question.
View attachment 138745

Without looking at the board online, what are these chips and capacitors and what are they for?
Ok, that's a little over the top, I'd also have to look online first. All I can tell is that it's next to the standoff for the not-quite-m.2-based SSD (at least I think that's what that silver bit is?)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to drive the point further, do you mean to tell me that, assuming I am total, after being on GBATemp for several years, I decided to make another personality up entirely, act upon it under the guise of a massive RWBY fan who's incredibly crass and doesn't give a shit, to invent a completely unique speaking pattern and punctuation style (seriously does anyone on this board do the -- shit I do?), to hold completely different opinions on several topics, all so that I can agree with myself while talking to an Apple fanboy?

Seriously dude. Is this genuinely what you're saying?

Ok, that's a little over the top, I'd also have to look online first. All I can tell is that it's next to the standoff for the not-quite-m.2-based SSD (at least I think that's what that silver bit is?)
of course it's over the top, but that's my point. If he wants to act like he knows this hardware so much more than me to the point any comparisons I make are illegitimate and fraudulent, then he should be able to point out any random chips and capacitors on the board.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Fomo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think that Apple has become more than just a tech company. Their products symbolize fashion and status within society; take Beats by Dre, for example. So most of their fortune comes from their branding, in my opinion.

Last edited by Fomo,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Apple has become more than just a tech company. Their products symbolize fashion and status within society; take Beats by Dre, for example. So most of their fortune come from
their branding, in my opinion.
Oh I definitely agree there, I'm pretty confident that software and brand recognition is the only reason they're still turning a profit today

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It will be fine