• No, we need to be told when to breathe

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how many people ask me to Facetime...Yeah. It affects me lmfao.
I simply want to spread the knowledge that there is the option to get something much, much better for much less.
I was following the conversation of Apple's marketing/effectiveness of product based on how they are marketing some horrible app (iBreathe lmfao) and people are gulping it up.
^_^
since you choose to bring this to a generic apple topic, well yes I already know of many other alternatives. nothing beats the quality of a macbook (pro) though, and I'd never get another brand, possibly ever, after using one and a few other laptops.

there's more to it than just performance. and I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but things like build quality and other little details like the "magsafe" magnetic power adapter add to the "value" of the hardware, and also the lifespan of it.

OS X is also a very solid operating system. especially for things like dev work.

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll leave this here. there's more than just performance that goes into the laptops you know.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-buy-MacBook-Pro-retinas-given-their-relatively-high-price

I'll be honest, I didn't watch this video. however, if you know that this application is intended for specific uses and not just to remind people to breathe because "we are dumb as shit", then why does it exist?
Its not for any use. In the video I show how it was marketed by Apple and they try to justify it for everyone. They don't even mention any type of specific use. They just market it as something that everyone should use. Watch the video. It's only 2 minutes long and the announcement from Apple really is unbelievable. You won't believe your ears.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not for any use. In the video I show how it was marketed by Apple and they try to justify it for everyone. They don't even mention any type of specific use. They just market it as something that everyone should use. Watch the video. It's only 2 minutes long and the announcement from Apple really is unbelievable. You won't believe your ears.
alright, I watched it, and I fail to see what you think. here's what mashers said earlier...
The irony here is that the people who are being really stupid here are the ones who don't realise that this app isn't designed to remind you to breathe. It's for practicing breathing exercises to reduce anxiety, for meditation etc. This is just another example of bashing product x because you prefer product y. It's not very funny really.
the main point is "this app isn't designed to remind you to breathe". yet you're treating it as if that's what Apple made it for.

I'm not even going into what exactly you said in the video. "even mentally ill people know when to breathe" and "even animals know when to breathe"; these are based off the assumption that this is just a reminder that you need to breathe.

Reactions: VinsCool

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I watched it, and I fail to see what you think. here's what mashers said earlier...

the main point is "this app isn't designed to remind you to breathe". yet you're treating it as if that's what Apple made it for.

I'm not even going into what exactly you said in the video. "even mentally ill people know when to breathe" and "even animals know when to breathe"; these are based off the assumption that this is just a reminder that you need to breathe.
Apple told us the exact use for this app in their keynote and its basically them telling us "We know you are incapable of doing what human beings have been doing since the existence of man. So we will now tell you how to do it". I am very greatful that you watched the video before commenting on this forum but still, Apple really went too far with this one. So much so that the audience at the keynote did not even applaud, which is especially surprising when you take into account that the Apple audiences at the keynotes usually clap at every little thing. This time they did not. What does that tell you? Also out of all the media outlets, next to none of them have talked about this feature from Apple's keynotes.

Thanks for watching mate!

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple told us the exact use for this app in their keynote and its basically them telling us "We know you are incapable of doing what human beings have been doing since the existence of man. So we will now tell you how to do it".
They neither said nor implied anything of the sort. They actually said, "it's designed to guide you through simple deep breathing sessions that can help you quiet your mind, relax your body and just better deal with everyday stress."

You included this very announcement in your own video. Is it not obvious from that statement that it is designed for breathing exercises? If you had any idea what deep breathing exercises are for then you would realise the purpose of this app. So you either genuinely don't know anything about the purpose of this app and are commenting anyway, or you do know what it's for but are choosing to act ignorant to try and make the product look bad. I don't understand why anybody would do either of those things.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, did you really just realize that? Guess Apple did it's job. Well, people know the truth behind Apple :P Whatever, not like I buy Apple products.
Tbh, they only do that because they target their products to computer illiterates (Ihaveamac is the exception, I guess). People I know in real life that own any Apple product are usually computer illiterate, they can barely jailbreak their own phone, lmao. As for OSX, yeah, it'll be hard to get a virus on it because no one can be bothered to develop viruses for the OS. Not many people use OSX machines, so it won't benefit the person making the virus.

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. If they're bringing in bank like they are. It's a pretty damn big markup.
The price of the Apple Watch components is way less than £100 and $100. Apple still charge you hundreds more for the basic Apple Watch which is worth tidily shit.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, parts are not the only expense in an electronic product. R&D, machining, facilities, marketing, wages...

If you believe that profit = retail price - cost of parts then you don't know how business works.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, parts are not the only expense in an electronic product. R&D, machining, facilities, marketing, wages...

If you believe that profit = retail price - cost of parts then you don't know how business works.
The price of the Apple Watch components is way less than £100 and $100. Apple still charge you hundreds more for the basic Apple Watch which is worth tidily shit.

Pebble Watch is the best js. :P

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
most people are dumb as shit
people_are_stupid.png

Reactions: Seriel and Ev1l0rd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat