Gaming Arcade sticks.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I was looking around and I'm thinking about getting this one but I saw the SFIV Fightpads, they look pretty good but is there any around that isn't Street Fighter? Just a plain one since I don't like Street Fighter all that much unless you can take it off and change it easily.

Anyway, onto my question, which one do you recommend or do you recommend a different one?
Also I'm not going to be modding any of these (if they are moddable) since I usually mess up.
Once I tried to change my NDS case and I completely fucked it up. Aha.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends on how serious you are.

The Blazblue stick you are linking uses Hori buttons which the whole fighting game community agrees are bad (harder to push and unresponsive). The buttons are soldered to the PCB so it's not really moddable unless you know how to solder.

As for the Fightpad, pretty much anyone in the competitive fighting game community would argue that the dpad is inferior to a stick and probably go on about the buttons being inferior too.

So neither of these two options would be considered good by someone competitive but if you only play casually they should be fine. I would still go for the arcade stick if I were you since arcade sticks are fucking pro though. It's a very subjective choice.

If you do want something better, check out the HRAP line and the Mad Catz TE.

These are considered to be the best non-custom arcade sticks by the 360 fighting game community. All non-custom art HRAP and TE sticks use QD which means you can replace the buttons by just opening the case, taking out the old buttons and then putting in the new buttons without any soldering, so the Hori buttons that many sticks in the HRAP line come with can be replaced easily with Sanwa buttons (generally considered to be the best for fighting games, although some prefer Seimitsu).

Edit: Typo.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ah, thanks.

I was looking around the price mark of the two I linked to but I guess I won't be getting a really good one for around £50.

I'll have a look around some more (see if there are any shops around where I live that does arcade sticks) but if I can't find any, I'll probably go with the Blazblue one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat