Hacking Are CIA Files....

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guys i have a question this time about CIA Files.

well im trying to be cautious about my Nintendo 3DS usage with CFW.
But i want a game that i like is The Michael Jackson Game is only available only on CIA File.

if i install this file on my 3DS will i run more risk of being banned?

i dont know what will be shown to nintendo while playing it. or even what appears on activity log.
i know that is not sent to nintendo but im trying to keep it clean.

so what do you think?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

But i want a game that i like is The Michael Jackson Game is only available only on CIA File.

i dont know what will be shown to nintendo while playing it. or even what appears on activity log.

so what do you think?
Once you are online with CFW, you are already running in trouble :D. So no, there is not going to be more risk. And you can always play it offline.

Reactions: DarkDante

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

so what do you think?
No one knows. They technically could check your currently playing game against your eShop purchases to see if you're playing an illegitimate CIA or not. But are they doing that? We don't know.
Unbanning is pretty easy anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't know really. Probably. I have CFW for about 3-4 years and I haven't been banned yet (and I am constantly online). Anyway, you can unban your self.
are you using any CIA Online? what advice can you give me.

No one knows. They technically could check your currently playing game against your eShop purchases to see if you're playing an illegitimate CIA or not. But are they doing that? We don't know.
Unbanning is pretty easy anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

to unban miself is easy to get another seed?

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yes. Using CIAs online. But most of my games are from freeshop (although I have no idea how that works)
Me too I only use Freeshop games and don’t cheat. But you use CIAS? Installed CIAS on the Home menu?

How about Freeshop use the installed version?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are cia's more risky than what? Roms? Because running installed cia games is much safer than playing a rom on a flash cart. You dont need to be concerned about play log, you have to worry about private headers. Cia's use the system for its header info and will always be unique. Roms on the other hand use the same header as every other copy made from the same dump and gets flagged when used. That's where the majority of bans come from.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
are you using any CIA Online? what advice can you give me.

to unban miself is easy to get another seed?
Yeah, there's always public seeds floating around online, and they last a few months at least.
Are cia's more risky than what? Roms? Because running installed cia games is much safer than playing a rom on a flash cart. You dont need to be concerned about play log, you have to worry about private headers. Cia's use the system for its header info and will always be unique. Roms on the other hand use the same header as every other copy made from the same dump and gets flagged when used. That's where the majority of bans come from.
That's why you use private seeds. They could start checking if the same seed has been used in multiple games though. But similarly they can check your eShop purchase history to see if you actually own the installed games you're playing. So they're both about as risky.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So installing a cia is the same risk as Freeshop.
Yes, just don't play any leaked games before the release date. That's what started this whole mass ban fiasco with Pokémon sun/moon. Obviously if youre playing a game they haven't put out yet, it's been pirated.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, just don't play any leaked games before the release date. That's what started this whole mass ban fiasco with Pokémon sun/moon. Obviously if youre playing a game they haven't put out yet, it's been pirated.
THANks Guys i will take your advice :)

Reactions: WeedZ

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i know already in risk. but if i play online maybe is more risky right?
You can be console banned even when you're offline since it's Nintendo server side.

My niece's 3DS was banned months after the "spotpass" banwave even though she hasn't used or charged it for about a year.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You can be console banned even when you're offline since it's Nintendo server side.

My niece's 3DS was banned months after the "spotpass" banwave even though she hasn't used or charged it for about a year.
But she had to be online at least once while having CFW. Otherwise, how can Nintendo find out if you have hacked system or not?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
But she had to be online at least once while having CFW. Otherwise, how can Nintendo find out if you have hacked system or not?
I don't think anyone has discovered the answer to this, Nintendo's data collecting is still a mystery I believe.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D