Are forums likely to get ditched due to...

Are forums likely to get ditched due to...

• Emails

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IRC

• Instant Messaging

• Other

• Nah, forums will rule for a looooong time....

• Total voters

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
None of the above, because all of the technologies you've listed pre-date forums. Duh.

They'll be replaced eventually but who knows what with cause, well, it hasn't been invented yet. (or is tucked up inside some company's R&D department).

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason that forums are pwn is that any googler with a prob can find what someone else had wrong and how it was fixed, or answer q's. i recently discovered techguy.org and it is the best forum for fixing computers.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forums will never go away. The internet in its infancy was a forum of sorts; the whole concept behind forums predates all the "social-networking" sites out there today, and offer alot of the benefits without alot of the drawbacks. Youc ant really ask if forums will go away..because its more of a concept than it is a concrete object. People always have, and always will feel the need to belong to a community, so forums will always exist in some form or another.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not going anywhere. Unless net neutrality or some weirdo Web 2.0 people screw the whole thing up.

The poll has spoken!
(29 votes for looong time as of this posting)

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
forums make u think while u type. you dont just spout out crap while on msn. i just revived a 7th month old post oh yea

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
forums are more popular than ever.
grog.gif

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Forum used and are still to some extend the best thing for information, even if the topic is 2 years old you can still find usefull info, or post a question about it. On irc it's quicker but nothing remains for other people to view. I also think IRC is starting to lose people and channels, 8 years ago it was alot more popular. I don't think forums will be replaced ever but I think wikis takes a part of what forums used to do. Instead of a topic with info in multiple posts you have an easy to read page with useful links. Maybe some new things will come with this "Web 2.0" crap.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The concept of forums will live on, only with video clips instead of text. Or Flash animations. Or something. But the idea of having a discussion on a familiar topic without everyone trying to interrupt everyone else will always be popular.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь