Misc Are there clockspeed mods for DSi?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i also need a answer for this, the actual mod for DS/LITE works to on DSi/XL ?
It won't work on a DSi because the DSi CPU runs at a faster clock speed, even if it could be installed it would interfere with the functioning of the DSi mode.
There doesn't seem to be a mod like it for DSi. It may not even be possible because the clock speed is software controlled (as it has to clock down for DS games) but if it is possible it would likely have to be done through software modifications.

boagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't work on a DSi because the DSi CPU runs at a faster clock speed, even if it could be installed it would interfere with the functioning of the DSi mode.
There doesn't seem to be a mod like it for DSi. It may not even be possible because the clock speed is software controlled (as it has to clock down for DS games) but if it is possible it would likely have to be done through software modifications.
Totally untrue. You need to do research before spitting false stuff.

What you need is to only switch the clock crystal in-game + sleep mode (close console) as seen in the video.

The video is 12 years old, you could technically add an mcu like attiny to simulate sleep mode + changing clock crystal switch with combination buttons like how GBAccelerator functions.

@TheStonedModder
@RoloSep

Reactions: TheStonedModder

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have TWiLight Menu installed, then you can already run DS software at the faster DSi clock speed. Reportedly there is a substantial boost for the Gen IV Pokemon games.

Reactions: matt!

boagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have TWiLight Menu installed, then you can already run DS software at the faster DSi clock speed. Reportedly there is a substantial boost for the Gen IV Pokemon games.
That doesn't "fast forward" the game. It just makes it smoother. You need to replace clock crystal to fast forward.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Totally untrue. You need to do research before spitting false stuff.

What you need is to only switch the clock crystal in-game + sleep mode (close console) as seen in the video.

The video is 12 years old, you could technically add an mcu like attiny to simulate sleep mode + changing clock crystal switch with combination buttons like how GBAccelerator functions.

@TheStonedModder
@RoloSep

I did. It's all in Japanese, so you can't exactly blame me that it didn't show up on Google when I did my research.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1