Hacking Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 54,627
  • Replies 237

What are you going to your Wii U ?

• Total voters

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the time i would even consider getting a wku there would be one game left to get and that's zelda and by than it would not be worth getting :P i wouldn't play smash bros with it since i dont want to be banned online. i only pirate single player games :creep:

You don't get banned online for having a hacked console, that's only if you cheat. I never got banned once for hacking my Wii and Wii U's Wii mode.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want homebrew for a good DS emulator that uses two screens like on the Wii U. Its the absolute best way to emulate the DS.

Reactions: c4p0

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since there are so many offers for most of the WiiU games ( really here in holland you can get the best game for around 5 ~ 20 euros with all those webshops competing)
Instead I support the system and Ninty by buying as much as I can.
In all honestly,what is available is quality stuff anyways.
I still try to get physical copy of everything, mostly because I can lend my disc or/and can take them over to my friends houses.
Digital purchases are still not worth it, as they can only be used on the system thy were bought on ( NNID + Console bound )
As of now there's no way to tranfer purchases over to a another/ different/ new/ Wiiu system.
So If your system were to break you Will loose all your purchases. Period.
Very uneconomic since most titles are even more expensive from the eshop.
In the end you buy "nothing" if your sustem breaks. This is in my eyes the reason digital purchases will never be a serious succes, so for that matter Homebrew would be very, very nice.

Reactions: Leshmutt

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It sort of depends. When taking everything into account, I think I spent more time actually hacking the wii (that is, trying out homebrew, configuring emulators, updating cIOS...those sort of things) than playing the pirated games on them (the ones I really liked I ended up buying anyway). So ironically enough, the wiikeÜ (is that really the name?) isn't that interesting to me. What fun is it all games already work? Or even more: what fun is it to make the wiiu do what nintendo always wanted it to do?

Besides...as it is, I'm already looking at a huge backlog of games. Even when not taking that other mountain of unplayed (pirated or to-be-pirated) PSP, DS and wii games into account, it's huge enough to span me multiple lifetimes. Adding even more games to that list won't make me any happier than I currently am.

No. Because I know how hard it is to make games and how much effort is required.
And everybody who are buying this think of it this way, if you created a car which you have worked your ass of, would you like people to make clones of it and use it without paying?
To be honest, I would think that was pretty sweet. Because that would mean they liked my car over any other on the market. Besides...with 3D printing gaining ground, that scenario probably wouldn't even be that unrealistic in a few dozen years.

And yes, I know as well how much time and effort creating games take nowadays, so I totally understand how not everyone shares that idea (which is their proper right). But seeing how much top notch quality stuff the internet has provided me (legally and free), I would consider it an honor to give something back. :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo's Digital Polices on 3DS/Wii U are horrible, I rather buy physical, drm-free and be able to use personal copies. If Wii U digital policy was like Playstation/Steam/Xbox (Everyone else but them) and you didn't lose your games if you lose your Wii U I'd go digital. But I don't support trash policies and trash concepts like Console based DRM. I support buying physical games but want more freedom over what I do when I purchase a 40-60 dollar game.
Okay...and is there any reason why you're quoting me? From what I can see, your reply has nothing in common with mine and isn't even referring to it, so...yeah.

I personally don't mind that policy so much. I never had a console die on me, and if it would, I'm not sure if I would buy another one (my guarantee period has ended). Unlike on steam, I've played every digital purchase* until I got tired of it, so I don't think I'll miss them much if that were to happen. And even then: we know this in advance. I can understand you don't like it, but if it's so horrible, why bother with the service in the first place? Thus far, I've spent less money on digital purchases and played them more when compared to rental games**. So I'm not complaining.

*wind waker is sort of an exception, but I only have it for like a week...and am too busy enjoying mario kart
**I have to note, though, that these rentals were done in a time before steam. When video games were actually expensive compared to today.

D

Deleted User

OP
Preorder and homebrew

Why would you do that ?
Since there are so many offers for most of the WiiU games ( really here in holland you can get the best game for around 5 ~ 20 euros with all those webshops competing)
Not here in Australia. Best games cost around 60 AUD.
I just want homebrew for a good DS emulator that uses two screens like on the Wii U. Its the absolute best way to emulate the DS.
Yeah that would be awesome. Thats another why I'm not getting Wiikey U. Its missing homebrew support.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, now I see what you mean. Thanks. :)

...I should check into that thing, then. I didn't knew it could actually make a backup of downloaded games from the eshop (I thought it was just playing games downloaded illegally from the internet...or ripping discs at best).

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mk8 is good, but it's only a week old. Most people haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I've been playing it every day since release, but that pattern will stop after a few more days, and I may go to like twice a week. But even that game, some people don't like to play. Also, you can only play it for so long, like an hour or so, then you need to stop it for the day. This is especially true if you are drinking and/or getting high. At some point, you want an even easier game because you are more interested in talking then the actual game.

Game and Wario is a disappointment when compared to WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I really wanted something more like Smooth Moves. Game and Wario is really just a tech demo that they slapped a Wario skin on. I still hope they make a proper WarioWare game. Nevertheless, casual players love the multiplayer modes, especially the pictionary mode. You don't need any video game skills at all, so 100% of people can play it and not feel disadvantaged. This one girl who game to my mario kart launch party, when she saw me next, said she wanted to play the "islands game" again, she didn't say anything about the actual mario kart. Im not even sure if she decided to take a turn at playing mario kart.

Right on. I know exactly what you mean. Mario Kart 8 is great and all, but when you're stoned, you can only play so much before becoming disinterested. And for right now, MK8 is really the only Wii U game worth a damn. ZombiU was.... well ZombiU. MH3U is great, but it feels just like the wii version so fuck it. NSMBU is fun, but again, just feels like a rehash of the last 6 games. Until some more decent releases come out for Wii U, especially some you can play stoned, there's no reason to get a WiiKeU.

Plus, fucking software mods is where the fun lies :P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you have the physical discs, someone can come in and breaks/looses your wiiu...you'll still be able to play on another one (btw...nice neighborhood you live in ;) ).

You don't want me thinking this thing is about piracy? Right. Sorry, buddy, but I don't believe that for a second. Please don't pretend the demand for the wiikeyu (wiikeü? whatever) has anything to do with nintendo's policy in this regard, because it isn't. Nobody is going to cancel their preorder if ninty were to announce a total change on their policy coming E3 and you know it. Nobody. This is just a cheap attempt to get rid of the burden of being a pirate. If it weren't for this policy, those preordering it would just start crying that they can't rip their physical discs to hard drive (it's more convenient that way, waah, waaah, waaaaah). And if ninty changes THAT as well, it'll be that they want to try out a game before they buy it. And if ninty makes sure that EVERY FREAKING GAME has a lengthy playable demo...then STILL the same people would all preorder this thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users