OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
295678k.jpg

Jumptap, one of those agencies, was nice enough to release a map of the United States laying out which states have more Android, BlackBerry and iOS users.

As you can tell from the image below, most states are actually Android states, even though Apple has now edged out Nokia as the world’s largest phone manufacturer. In states like California and Washington, Android has an edge, which isn’t surprising since they’re both “geeky” states. States like New York are often seen as business-active states, and indeed the typical “business” phone is still the BlackBerry, therefore one would assume that they’d be more popular in that area. States where iOS is the most popular just don’t seem to have much in common, pointing to the system’s broad appeal.

California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use. BlackBerry use, which over-indexed in New York, was also included in the geographic data.

Of course, it’s hard to justify the popularity of each phone in each and every state. More often than not, there simply isn’t a reason, but it’s interesting to theorize. This data, more than anything else, will help advertisers target their ads at the right users in the right states, yet expect the map to change as months and years go on, since smartphones are replaced fairly often these days. Indeed, the landscape was very different 4 years ago, before iOS was released, when the gold standard of smartphones was BlackBerry and what was previous known as Windows Mobile. Fast-forward to today, the paradigm has shifted, which only proves that it will change just as much in the next 4 years.

Meanwhile, competition will remain tough. With the release of the iPhone back in 2007, its competitors were forced to compete with features they had never predicted, such as full desktop-like mobile web browsing and an effortless touch screen user interface. Android, which became available nearly 2 years later, has since then risen up to be Apple’s main competitor and won over several states, as you can tell from the image at the top of this article.

Where will the mobile market be in 4 years? Thankfully, we’ll have ad agencies to inform us with more nice-looking maps.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

I love how California has Android dominance. Oh the irony. Well I guess it isn't THAT ironic, considering Google is down the street from Apple in Mountain View.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow i thought IOS dominated everyone, if that map is true, someone (being media and people) has told me alot of crap.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, iOS is only one series of phones/device. Android is found on a ton of phones. It's not that surprising that it could be more popular than iOS.

Android all the way, right here. Californian, too. (:

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in New York and everyone has a crappy Blackberry its true. So many people. Just because of Blackberry messenger. Seriously why can't they just use MSN or something?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Android and lives in NJ! The chart never lies!

If I look back like a year ago, iOS would have been much more than Android. Now, most people I see have Android.

And yes. It's a million times better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You gotta' love how iOS and Android are nice shaded colors, while blackberry is a dull flat grey. Subliminal messaging?
tongue.gif

ChaosBoi said:
I know more people with iOS than Android, and yet according to that map Android is more popular here. I wouldn't say it's entirely accurate.Sample size, dude.

QUOTE(Hydreigon @ Aug 6 2011, 11:53 PM) I don't even know anyone who uses a BlackBerry.
blink.gif
They tend to be used by older people.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like the iOS. Nothing else has CAVE's games, and it never gave me any problems.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy, and Android is alright. Some widgets had weird problems, but everything else is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow